Posts by cubemin

It happened several times the last week that docker pulled not only one image but tried to pull all images. A workaround was (is?) to add the :latest tag.

Not sure if it has been fixed already.

Thankfully, it has been. Portainer 2.51 now adds the ":latest" tag automatically.

macom 's advice is of course spot on, but I'm a bit confused as to how this thread started out about /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc but suddenly we're looking at /dev/dm-0 and /dev/dm-1. Aren't those typically RAID arrays? (Not that one should be able to create an array using just one disk.)

You don't need qemu-kvm- it's superseded by qemu-system-x86 which itself provides a wrapper to run qemu-system-x86 in kvm mode. If you're trying to install updates, update qemu-system-x86 first, ignoring qemu-kvm.

See the outputs from my OMV system:

and

If I may ask - wouldn't it be far simpler to go with a "real" UPS (APC or Cyberpower) and plug everything into it? You'd have complete protection for all devices including the hard disks, and one of your RPis could communicate with the UPS via USB (and keep the other one in the loop as well).

Naja, OMV hat ein Dashboard, in dem man weitere Infotabellen hinzufügen kann.

Cockpit hat ebenfalls eine Systemzusammenfassung, die grafisch recht ansprechend ist. Der Nachteil beider Methoden ist natürlich: man muss sich erstmal einloggen...

Oder per SSH auf Tools wie z.B. top zugreifen.

Ansonsten fällt mir im Moment nichts ein...

Somit kann ich weewx nicht einfach über die Konsole installieren und konfigurieren.

Mir scheint es so, dass Du in der Tat genau das tun kannst. Es gibt keinen offensichtlichen Grund, warum weewx und OMV (welches ja auf Debian basiert) nicht nebeneinander auf derselben Hardware laufen sollten. Ich schlage vor, einfach mal die weewx-Dokumentation zu studieren.

Don't use the secure wipe - it's literally a waste of time. Use the quick wipe.

Can you confirm that /dev/md126 entry is really, truly gone?

When you go to grow your RAID5 array, it should show you the new disk /dev/sdd. If you see /dev/mdxxx (where xxx could be 126 or some other odd number except 0), then something is not right.

Thank you henfri for the nice script - I just used it to (manually) install Wireguard on my OMV server and use it with my phone. So far, it works perfectly (although I did have to add my OMV server's public IP address in the client app manually, as others have stated before).

I'm able to use a custom port other than 51820 and my own choice of subnet (10.x.x.1) as well with no issues.

My only issue was with this part of the script:

Code
    systemctl enable wg-quick@wgnet0.service
    service wg-quick@wgnet0 start
    systemctl status wg-quick@wgnet0.service

where service wg-quick@wgnet0 start spit out a very weird error - so I issued systemctl start wg-quick@wg0 instead (I use wg0 instead of wgnet0) and that did the trick.

One thing that surprised me was that, once I had my phone's wi-fi turned off and connected it through Wireguard, I was able to browse web sites, read email, etc. all without ever having set up a DNS server of any kind.

I thought it was necessary to set up the Wireguard server as a DNS server as well? I did not enter any public DNS addresses in the client (the official Android Wireguard app). Is this now done automatically?

As OMV removed the docker management, samba was the only service that was left to be managed by OMV.

So I am really thinking why I should re-install omv...

Wait, so Portainer doesn't count? It's available through OMV-Extras and manages your containers very nicely. Even Cockpit is another option (albeit more basic) for handling containers.

And what about SMART? LUKS encryption? RAID management? MergerFS, ZFS support, Proxmox kernel, KVM virtualization, not to mention user/group and ACL permissions management to go along with shared folders? Rsync server and scheduled jobs?

OMV manages all of this and more for you. It's not just Samba.

By the way, you can safely reinstall OMV from scratch and not lose any of your containers - as long as your Docker path is somewhere on a storage volume and not on the system partition (/var/lib/docker). If you want to be extra safe, just back up everything in your Docker path first.

Hmm.

Der Zufall will es, dass vor ein paar Tagen eine neue Version von Portainer versehentlich veröffentlicht wurde (2.5.0). Kurz danach wurde die aktuelle Version 2.1.1 wieder als "latest" eingestellt, während in 2.5.0 gefundene Bugs behoben werden.

Vielleicht hängt es damit zusammen? Notfalls in der Shell apt --purge remove portainer-ce eingeben und dann nochmal versuchen, Portainer im GUI neu zu installieren.