Beiträge von Mistborn

Do you have access now?

If not, post the output of id username where username is the name of the user you want to use for the GUI.

See post #4 from KM0201

And also the output of omv-env get OMV_WEBGUI_ADMINGROUP_NAME

Yes I have access...

There has been a misunderstanding with another user, the user "admin" has not deleted.

Thank you so much!

Do you have the webUI open to the Internet? If so, have you secured it with SSL? If you've done both of those, there really shouldn't be an issue with using the admin name, provided you have a solid password. I mean I guess someone could brute force it, but if you have a good password, change it regularly, etc. that should take months.

I haven't webUI open and yes, I have secured it with SSL and with strong password.

Thank you.

Why would you delete the admin user?..lol. Just secure it with a proper password. Some of you folks are your own worst enemy. "I have this insurmountable problem that I caused... is that the problem?".

Are you sure the user you're trying to log in with, in the openmediavault-admin group? If you have SSH access, check with the command

Code
    id username

I would delete this user because with a user default it's more easy to get acces than if you don't know the user admin.

Maybe it is a mistake, but If I make this mistake is because I didn't knwo that will be cause problems.

However, I see that the "admin" user has not been deleted, but the password has ben changed for another user.

Thanks for a help as well!

No, I think that I deleted this user for security gain, but I configured the administrator permission to other user.

I did this about a few months...

This can be a problem?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a problem with my NAS Server. For the few days, when I try to enter to the control panel I can't do nothing and the server displays the text of the image below.

Somebody knows how can I resolve this problem?

Thanks!