Beiträge von fahrer17

raulfg3's approach is a little different than mine and I'm not sure wether I could work with his (though he is the pro and I am the noob :) ).

What I would do:

- In the folder you use for "data" in the docker compose settings create a folder "cups" with two subfolders "service" and "config". I usually make the "data" folder a shared folder so I can easily create accessable folders like "cups" using Windows File Explorer etc.

- Copy this to your Compose - Files - Files section and adjust it to your personal settings!

Remember: Change or adjust the 4 marked lines to your settings - if unsure ask again.

You're half way there, only some little tweaks are needed :)

I'm not sure why your paths are like /dev/sda/, using UUID is better as I know.

Can you ssh into your server and share the output of

Code
    ls -la /srv/

What are your laptop's specs (CPU, RAM, drives tec.)? How is it connected to your network (wifi? lan?)?

I've set up several containers by now and don't use cups but this doesn't sound too complicated.

After a little searching I would use this container as it is probably still maintained: https://github.com/chuckcharlie/cups-avahi-airprint

So the general way I set up my containers:

1. Set up docker including folders for config files: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…v6_plugins:docker_compose
    2. Create a separate folder for each application - would be "data" here: https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…s:docker_compose#settings
    3. Create the container using provided docker compose files (sometimes in OMV GUI, sometimes in portainer ;) )

I know, a very basic explanation but feel free to ask for further assistance/details.

Home Assistant including Zigbee

Homepage dashboard

Jellyfin

MeTube - YT-Downloader

Neonlink - Collecting links

Nextcloud

Paperless-ngx

Pihole

Podgrab

Snowflake-proxy

Speedtest

Syncthing

More to come:

Photoprism or something similiar

Nginx proxy

Bitwarden (maybe)

And if your looking for ideas :)

GitHub - awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted: A list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted on your own servers
    A list of Free Software network services and web applications which can be hosted on your own servers - awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted
    github.com

I successfully installed NC folowing this great guide

though without a proxy so far (will come seperatly later).

Now when I check NC's settings page in admin account I came across these messages:

Since I'm an absolute NC beginner: Is this something I should worry about?

If so how do I solve these? I tried to read and understand NC documentation but it is unfortunately of no real help for me...

Any help/advice is highly appreciated.

I'd would try to find every point in GUI you mention on your list and after applying these new settings check smb.conf using terminal.

Sorry, I can't help more atm since I don't have access to my system.

When changing the location of folders (Compose Files/Data/Backup) under Compose/Files from let's say

/srv/dev123

to

/srv/dev456

is it necessary to reinstall docker or is just a restart enough?

How does a change like this affect my already existing containers?

Shall I stop the containers and do I need to recreate them? Is there anything else to observe?

There is a good (German) tutorial though I didn't complete it yet:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I managed to get my Pihole running in a docker container by follwing this guide after many unsuccessful attempts with other guieds.

The next step will be adding unbound.

But I still struggle understanding macvlan...

500GB (System Drive) is overly large unless you intend to use most of it for user data, which must be the case because you don't mention any other drives.

Yeah, you're absolutely right and I'm sorry ?(

I know 500GB is far too big but I don't like the idea of running the OS on a USB stick and small SSds aren't noteworthy cheaper.

I'm thinking of putting my containers on that drive if there is no important reason to don't do so.

My data drives (1x WD 8TB, 1x Seagate IronWolf 8TB) are added from the old machine as they aren't that old yet.

Just to give you some feedback - I finally built my new system:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

2x Crucial DIMM 8GB, DDR4-3200

Western Digital WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD 500GB (System Drive)

be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W ATX 2.4

AeroCool CS-102

1x WD Red 8TB, 1x Seagate IronWolf 8TB

Nothing too fancy and the case is quite ugly (but since the machine is located in the utility room I really don't care).

I'm pretty happy with it so far, now it's time to set it up properly :)

Any reason for M.2 over nvme?

Not from my side as this configuaration was done by said magazine (and I didn't pay that much attention actually)...

Maybe worth mentioning that this configuration was done for 2022 (meaning at the end of 2021)...

Hmmm, but I guess you're right and I should probably wait for this year's proposal... Usually this is published about end of october...

You don't need a unit with that much capacity for the system. A 16 or 32GB USB stick is enough and you can use that 500GB SSD for docker.

Yeah, I know. But imho a reliable stick costs almost as much as such a SSD nowadays (~33€ in Germany).
    Moreover my plan is to configure my system to use this drive for docker as well.

175usd: HDPLEX 500W GaN Passive AIO ATX Power Supply

145usd: HDPLEX 250W GaN Passive AIO ATX Power Supply

The 250 watt might power 8 HDDs and everything else and its physical size opens up options.

Nope, that's a high wattage CPU (65w TDP).

Wrong thread maybe? If not I don't get your point... :/

Hello fellow OMV users,

My present OMV server hardware is about 10 years old and needs about 45W so I thought I'd replace it with something more energy efficient.

This setup is more or less based on the so called "optimal pc" by the German computer magazine c't (link) where they say it can be run on about 14W iddle (I don't need a GPU but would of course add up my 2x8TBB data drives).

So what do you think - would this configuration be a reasonable choice?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 6C/12T, 3.90-4.40GHz, boxed

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus

RAM: 2x Crucial DIMM 8GB, DDR4-3200, CL22-22-22

System drive: Samsung SSD 980 500GB, M.2

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W ATX 2.4

Case: Fractal Design Core 2300

I know it is probably rather owerpowered for my needs (family NAS with some docker containers like paperless-ngx, Home Assistant, PiHole, SyncThing, Nextcloud etc.) but I like the idea of having a little reserve just in case... ;)

Thank you in advance :thumbup: