openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys, I'm pretty exited about my new server. It has Vmware on it and is running OMV in a VM with direct passthrough of my SATA controller and the 3x3 TB reds attatched to it. It is running very well but I'm not sure how to access the datastore through SSH.
    I'm not sure what the correct state is but on my old OMV server i had the disk in /media/. I put together a new one but it doesn't show up there. Anybody any clue?
  • New

Hello,

At the moment two 2-bay arm-based Synology NAS are running at home.
    For several reasons I would like to build a new NAS: running a plex server and expanding to more than 2-bay.

After reading a few sites, I decided to install OMV on a HP ProLiant microserver gen8 or gen10.

Perhaps, the community can answer some questions before buying the server:
    I read installing OMV is a bit difficult, so I am planning to connect my external mac USB-DVD-drive and burningthe newest OMV image to a disc.

Next, I would like to install at first 2 x 3,5“ WD green hdds to SATA-3-ports, later 2 x WD red to SATA-2. Then I plan to install the image to a system SSD. ÜBut, is there a internal 5th SATA-port for e. g. a 30 GB system SSD? Or, is it possible to connect a system SDD via SATA-to-internal-USB adapter?
    Finally, I am asking myself of buying gen8 or gen10...

As the ProLiant uses 4GB RAM, running zfs is mot recommended. What kind of file system should I prefer, ext4?

Little help would be…
  • New

hallo,

ich habe seit der umstellung aud die aktuelle version von openmediavault (komplette neuinstallation) das prblem, das ich bei der installation von plex zum ende hin fehler erhalte, dann nach dem neuladen der seite erhalte ich permanent diese fehlermeldung

marcus
  • New

Got these two messages and just curious of there meaning. Thanks ?(

Resource limit succeeded Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:03:08

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: 'omvserver.local' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.8]

Resource limit matched Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01:37

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: loadavg(5min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(5min)>4.0]

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Plex Mediaserver

Wolf2000

webgui problems aufter upgrade from 2.2.6 to 3.0.84

Wolf2000

OMV GUI Error with proxy

subzero79

ZFS Plugin (ZoL upgrade possible?)

ryecoaaron

Just curious on what these two messages I got emailed from my server mean.

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Skaronator -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x ZFS Plugin (ZoL upgrade possible?).

Like (Post)
    That is kind of how you do it but it is always risky due to too many non-Jessie packages. The kernel is easy to install but the headers have too many dependencies. You can't skip the headers because zfs needs them. I will look a bit more into this but…
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x ZFS Plugin (ZoL upgrade possible?).

Like (Post)
    That is kind of how you do it but it is always risky due to too many non-Jessie packages. The kernel is easy to install but the headers have too many dependencies. You can't skip the headers because zfs needs them. I will look a bit more into this but…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Plex Mediaserver.

Hi gwitsi I would once apt-clean in omv-extras You must note that the drives are no longer under / media but under / srv / is. Normally, the setting remains the same but there are always small problems when upgrading. Ps: I could not translate it well…
  • porkenstein -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Just curious on what these two messages I got emailed from my server mean..

Like (Post)
    It means your system has a high load. Although this is relative. A load of 4.5 on a single core system is much higher load than a load of 4.5 on a quad core system. You basically can divide the number by the number of cores (or threads) to get the…
  • porkenstein -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Just curious on what these two messages I got emailed from my server mean..

Like (Post)
    I wouldn't worry about the load unless it stays there after your transfer.
  • gderf -

Quote from gwaitsi: “ Now, I see the data path in the plugin, but the plugin fails to start because it is still trying to load /var/lib/plexmediaserver. ” Exactly where are you when this happens, exactly what is happening, and what did you do to get…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x webgui problems aufter upgrade from 2.2.6 to 3.0.84.

Hi dpkg --configure -a and apt update and apt upgrade
  • gwaitsi -

Hello, I upgraded from 2.x -> 3.x but the plugin broke the gui. I had to remove the plugin and re-install to get the gui working. Under 2.x, i had the /var/lib/plexmediaserver moved to one of my data drives. I set this in…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV GUI Error with proxy.

@mkgriesinger can you open another shell and run this env I just want to confirm the proxy variable is set in the global environment.
  • dholdi -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Upgrade 2.x -> 3.x webgui problems aufter upgrade from 2.2.6 to 3.0.84.

Thanks for sticking with me, root@OMV3:~# apt-get -f install Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 142 not upgraded. 2 not fully installed or…