openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Fsarchiver made my disk temporarily read-only

Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles.

elsmandino

UrBackup - need to set shared folder new after reboot?!?

FFrank

MergerFS pool becomes corrupted for an unknown reason

trapexit

Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!)

reeneex

Recent Activities

• elsmandino -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Like (Post)
    Quote from elsmandino: “Would you mind explaining how I can find this out, please? ” Never used tvheadend. I would start by looking at the output of ps aux for something obvious.
  • uvo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Fsarchiver made my disk temporarily read-only.

Thread
    Hello, today I tried to do an backup of my system ssd with fsarchiver. I used my storage as destination and used ssh for the command. After about 500MB of data copied, the backup stoppped with this message: archwriter.c#212,archwriter_write_buffer():
  • elsmandino -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

I have had a bit of a further look at this and I am sort of very slowing getting this (I think). On my system, TVHeadend is known as hts. If I click on Access Rights Management and then on User, there is one user named - "alex" and in the group column…
  • FFrank -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x UrBackup - need to set shared folder new after reboot?!?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Sounds like your drive(s) may not be ready when the urbackup service starts. So, it still thinks it isn't ready?? Just guessing. I don't use urbackup though. ” So if I wait a little all will be fine? I will try...but I do…
  • trapexit -

Replied to the thread MergerFS pool becomes corrupted for an unknown reason.

The recreation "fixing" the issue doesn't make sense. mergerfs doesn't interact with your data. It's a proxy / overlay. Could you provide the settings you're using? It's really not possible to comment further without such details. Are you using the…
  • reeneex -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to boot after installation (Dropping to a shell!).

Good evening, I try to find a solution to my similar Problem. I followed te steps above, but cant use the commands as descriped. I tried -lah /dev/disk/by-id/ but no result. Can anyone Point me in the right Direktion or give me the commands i have to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from flmaxey: “WOL is more of a function of the power supply and motherboard, keeping the Ethernet interface running while the PC is shut down. This is a BIOS function - USB had nothing to do with this. (Note: In some BIOS versions, WOL must be…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Still trying to understand permissions - basic principles..

Quote from elsmandino: “Would you mind explaining how I can find this out, please? ” Never used tvheadend. I would start by looking at the output of ps aux for something obvious.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

Sounds like something isn't updated and you are still using the old packages. Purge docker-ce and openmediavault-docker-gui and delete /etc/default/docker. Then do an omv-aptclean. Then *just* install docker-ce with apt-get install docker-ce. Then…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Quote from Markess: “keep an eye on the error logs ” And there will be errors from time to time even if the server in question ran a memtest burn-in procedure for 48 or even 72 hours without showing a single bit flip. At least with our installations…