openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Background - I had a few boxes built for friends and family in 2012-2013 mainly on core2duo 6600 4 gb ram 4x2tb RAID, that supported 0.5.6 (Sardaukar) version of OMV. Fisrt of all none of them failed in last 5 years and none was maintained other than power on/off. I got one of those back as not working after 5 years now and was looking at it and it fired up AOK with everything still running so WOW Thanks for creating this rock solid beautiful piece of software.

Question - Since the box is already here, what do you think is the best upgrade path in this case for me without changing any hardware.
  • New

Hey they,

I moved forward and upgraded my existing omv3 to omv4. Worked without any issues, except I had to remove and reinstall watchdog.

But after installing omv-extras I cannot run apt-get update anymore. Or at least it won't let me:

gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has failed.

For both repos.

Any ideas?

openmediavault-keyring is installed.

Output of apt-get update:
    paste.ubuntu.com/p/ygf5rNnxK8/

Output of apt-get list
    paste.ubuntu.com/p/j8VjZbCjQn/
  • New

Hello,

I am trying to mount USB hard drive with data on it without loosing this data. The drive was previously working well as a USB drive with Windows 10. OMV asks me to reformat the drive when I go to create a new file system. The hardware shows up under "Disks" list, but I am hesitant to "wipe" the drive. Will this delete the data?

Also, when I connect the drive back to windows, it also asks me to reformat the drive. Clearly OMV has changed some of the settings, but I hope the data is still there. Is there any way I can mount this drive, or get drive working on windows again?

Thank you!
  • New

good day, I come to the point so I have a remote disk connected to the router at home via usb I can access it through sharing enabled in the router settings, now .. how can I view the multimedia content via DLV support of omv to see them on the smart tv? what are the services that I have to activate apart from DLNA. I state that I installed openmediavault on raspberry pi 3 connected in the same router at home. if anyone can kindly address me on the solution I would be very grateful. best regards

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

General discussion moved from another thread!!

flmaxey

Back on OMV scene after 5 years

Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed

mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically

gresec-root

I have been so angry today cause of OMV

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

- The clone reading operation, for me, is usually 20 minutes. The write operation is longer but for some reason, this time around, it went way long. (It could have been a virus scan on the client. I didn't check.) It looks like the 2nd drive is going…
  • Quantumraj -

Posted the thread Back on OMV scene after 5 years.

Thread
    Background - I had a few boxes built for friends and family in 2012-2013 mainly on core2duo 6600 4 gb ram 4x2tb RAID, that supported 0.5.6 (Sardaukar) version of OMV. Fisrt of all none of them failed in last 5 years and none was maintained other than…
  • sualfred -

Posted the thread Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed.

Thread
    Hey they, I moved forward and upgraded my existing omv3 to omv4. Worked without any issues, except I had to remove and reinstall watchdog. But after installing omv-extras I cannot run apt-get update anymore. Or at least it won't let…
  • gresec-root -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically.

The easyiest way to fix to boot isue is, to disconnect all harddrives. After that you can boot und log into in your account - run sudo "update-grub" and this fixes to fals line in the grub bootloader (switches to UUID)
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “I'm updating USB clones, in prep for the OMV4 upgrade. On the write cycle, what started off looking like it would take about 20 minutes, has ballooned out to well over 3 hours. ?( 16GB drives are starting to look better. ” Whoa!…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread I have been so angry today cause of OMV.

Quote from flmaxey: “If using a USB drive, a name brand drive is highly recommended. (SanDisk, PNY, Samsung, Corsair, etc.) ” Buying 'brands' is similar to buying counterfeit products (since fraudsters love brands for a reason). A simple web search…
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from elastic: “@raulfg3 I got it to work with your help, thank you! Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me... Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread I have been so angry today cause of OMV.

If using a USB drive, a name brand drive is highly recommended. (SanDisk, PNY, Samsung, Corsair, etc.) While generic USB drives may test error free, and work, they may cause problems over time. Before using any USB drive, reformat it with SDFormatter
  • Primaerplan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

ok, thanks for your explanation. It's very interisting. I've also tried 'touch /root/lala && sync && reboot' After reboot: root@openmediavault:~# ls lala root@openmediavault:~# so it seems working. :) Any other idea?
  • flmaxey -

I'm updating USB clones, in prep for the OMV4 upgrade. On the write cycle, what started off looking like it would take about 20 minutes, has ballooned out to well over 3 hours. ?( 16GB drives are starting to look better.