openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,
    as of today my OMV is "broken". It lets me login as admin, but afterwards when it displays the "services" and "system" boxes it says loading within these boxes and then after a while it says "communication error".
    I can login by ssh. I've rebooted, but nothing helps. At one try the upper box filled with live but then again "freezes". I can use the menue tree on the left side. It updates the content area on the right with corresponding boxes, but none of those is filled. Always "loading" and then "communication error". Since the web-interface isn't useable, I can't tell you the exact OMV-version I'm running.
    Any hint? Thx!

PS: When it freezes, it also freezes my Firefox 57.0.1 ! That's heavy stuff. I have to "kill" FF.
    PPS: If you need logfiles, let me know
  • New

Hallo,

ich habe ein Snapraid mit 5 Festplatten im Einsatz (1 Pari und 4 Daten) alle 3 TB.
    Auf dieses kann ich über mergerfs zwar zugreifen aber bekomme keine Schreibberechtigung.
    Ich kann zwar Ordner erstellen aber nichts hineinkopieren.
    Habe noch 2 weitere NFS Freigaben (DatenBackup) die Einwandfrei funktionieren.
    Auf home1 bekomme ich einfach kein Schreibberechtigung.

Jemand eine Idee ?

Danke und Grüße
  • New

Hello,

I have updated from 3.x to 4.x.
    In the syslog I no find entries:

Source Code

1. Dec 16 18:02:56 homeserver systemd[1]: Starting Enable File System Quotas...
    2. Dec 16 18:02:56 homeserver quotaon[12699]: quotaon: Kann /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/aquota.group auf /dev/md1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten] nicht finden
    3. Dec 16 18:02:56 homeserver quotaon[12699]: quotaon: Kann /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/aquota.user auf /dev/md1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten] nicht finden
    4. Dec 16 18:02:57 homeserver quotaon[12699]: quotaon: verwende /media/9ee0593f-bec0-400d-8d78-a67a4c30ab5a/aquota.group auf /dev/sda2 [/media/9ee0593f-bec0-400d-8d78-a67a4c30ab5a]: Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt
    5. Dec 16 18:02:57 homeserver quotaon[12699]: quotaon: verwende /media/9ee0593f-bec0-400d-8d78-a67a4c30ab5a/aquota.user auf /dev/sda2

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV broken? Freezes after Login

fmomv

No WiFi network available on Pi 3

Darkplatinum

[OMV 3.0.94] Chrome normal vs incognito

hoppel118

Windows 10 Build 1709 and newer can't connect to SMB shares on OMV

macom

Help needed on motherboard choice

Kenei17

Recent Activities

• fmomv -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV broken? Freezes after Login.

Quote from Darkplatinum: “Are you sure it is not your computer it self? I dont how it could freeze your entire firefox. ” Probably by these communication error popup scripts, but in fact: I don't know. You can wait some 30 seconds, then FF comes back…
  • Wolf2000 -

empty the cache of your browser and delete the cookies. Ping the server. Try it from another PC or browser.
  • Darkplatinum -

Are you sure it is not your computer it self? I dont how it could freeze your entire firefox.
  • Darkplatinum -

Replied to the thread No WiFi network available on Pi 3.

Did you accidently write that 3 times? Did you change anything before it stopped working? Did you use ths shutdown button as the SD card can be come corrupted if pulled while R/W.
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Problems with ZFS and Syncthing - i think.

Like (Post)
    Quote from zh4ng: “Any other ideas? ” It was fixed in OMV 4.0.15 a few hours ago - github.com/openmediavault/open…a81a3d1329dc0b98996673e09 You will just have to wait for that to be released.
  • hoppel118 -

Replied to the thread [OMV 3.0.94] Chrome normal vs incognito.

Did you try to delete your browser cache? Greetings Hoppel
  • jeffbarclay -

Sorry for the user change from jell.barclay. After following your install instructions from 12/4 I have had a fully functional OMV working with a few glitches when trying to save changes - That being said, after running for about 2 weeks with little…
  • jeffbarclay -

Sorry for the user change from jell.barclay. After following your install instructions from 12/4 I have had a fully functional OMV working with a few glitches when trying to save changes - That being said, after running for about 2 weeks with little…
  • jeffbarclay -

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Windows 10 Build 1709 and newer can't connect to SMB shares on OMV.

When I did this, Windows 10 (all updates installed) was not able to find the SMB shares on OMV4 any more.