The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Hello there! Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but here goes.

I have been running OMV 3 on my HP Microserver Gen8 just fine for a while. I am now looking to upgrade the system memory and just wondered if anyone has had experience of this? Procedures, potential problems, etc.

Many thanks!
  • New

This is probably a noob question but I have a running OMV installation on a raspi 3 with a 4tb hard drive attached. I want to create a new OMV setup on an old desktop machine and move the raspberry pi's 4TB drive full of data onto it without having to setup all the shares again and then copy all the data over. I'm guessing I can't use backup or clonezilla because I would be restoring to different hardware.

Is there any way to do this?
  • New

I have been using the WebDav plugin since OMV 2 and I am pretty happy with its simplicity and performance.

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to update the WebDav plugin so it could admit several mount points from different shared folders/disks or maybe it would be pretty hard to accomplish it via a plugin.

Thanks in advance to all devs for making it easier for the users
  • New

First, I know that it's better to let OMV GUI do its magic, but...for different reasons, I have change a mount point in /etc/fstab.

The mount point was linked "by label" and I changed it "by-id" (see lines 7 & 8 )

Source Code

1. # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    2. UUID=052263f1-d951-4a32-bdbf-052649fe60da / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    3. tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
    4. # >>> [openmediavault]
    5. /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_MZ7LN512HCHP-000L1_S1ZKNXAG526958-part5 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-SAMSUNG_MZ7LN512HCHP-000L1_S1ZKNXAG526958-part5 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,,jqfmt=vfsv0,discard,acl 0 2
    6. /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-home-server:DiskPool

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Best filesystem for MergerFS/SnapRAID

System Memory Upgrade

OMV NAS Inaccessible After Network Reboot

Dropkick Murphy

Error activating smb "The property 'nullpasswords' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'."

Considering building a PC-NAS, is this an over-kill?

Recent Activities