openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello there,

I have some problems with VPN and torguard support ask me to update result:

root@nas-robert:~# apt-get install network-manager
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    network-manager is already the newest version (1.6.2-3).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

They ask me to install :

packages.debian.org/sid/network-manager

But .... apt not allow that
  • New

Hello there

First time forum-poster here :). I recently migrated from FreeNAS to OMV and while it's had it's challenges I think I'm largely there. I've created a RAID Mirror with 2 x 4TB disks and it's populated with data. I would now like to expand this mirror by adding another 2 x 3TB disks, however I now get the above error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when I use the "Grow" button in the Storage->Raid Management menu option. I can't imagine I need another set of 2 drive identical to the existing ones in the mirror.

Has anyone perhaps come across this before and able to advise on how to resolve?

Thanks very much
    Phil
  • New

Today, I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get -y upgrade" on an existing Raspberry Pi server with Rasbpian Jessie as the underlying OS that I'm using as a NAS box with OMV 3.0.99.

Rebooted the device and connected with SSH and after a couple of minutes, I'm getting kernel panic error messages as outlined with attached transcript file raspberry_kernel_panic.txt and the device freezes or comes to a complete standstill. Have to unplug the PSU and then power it on again.

Any idea what this might be related to? From the cryptic output it seems to be a kernel error.
  • New

Hi,

I'm running OpenMediaVault under KVM using Proxmox with a PCIe passthrough SATA card.
    This seems to work. I can't yet tell about the long term stability but it looks allright.
    However Proxmox is not able to see/control the used memory of the guest OS as the balloon functionality is not running (pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-qm.html#qm_memory).
    This is however included in the Linux kernel for quite some time now.
    Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,

Poke43
  • New

Can't get MiniDLNA to work in OMV 4 on my Raspberry Pi 3.
    Installed through plugins page, no errors.
    service minidlna status gives:

● minidlna.service - LSB: minidlna server
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/minidlna; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (exited) since Fri 2018-05-25 14:48:30 CEST; 3min 4s ago
    Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 16697 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/minidlna start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    CPU: 0
    CGroup: /system.slice/minidlna.service

May 25 14:48:29 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: minidlna server...
    May 25 14:48:30 raspberrypi minidlna[16697]: /usr/sbin/minidlnad: error while loading shared libraries: libmmal_core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    May 25 14:48:30 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: minidlna server.

Any ideas?

I've googled libmmal_core.so, but haven't understood what it is or what it does (or in this case, doesn't do...).

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Advice on My documents...

flmaxey

Network-manager

Error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when trying to "Grow" Raid Mirror

• Phil
  • Phil

Phil

WOL Plugin - wie funktioniert die Abfrage

spatze

Announcement Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

TechnoDadLife

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Advice on My documents....

As a matter of organization, I keep files on a local machine during editing processes or even permanently if their importance is low. Since I'm running Urbackup on my OMV server (as noted by @Alomamabobo) , my clients on are backed up a regular basis to…
  • dbbdark -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Network-manager.

Thread
    Hello there, I have some problems with VPN and torguard support ask me to update result: root@nas-robert:~# apt-get install network-manager Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done network-manager is…
  • Phil -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when trying to "Grow" Raid Mirror.

Thank you for your reply I guess my intention was to have 7TB of disk space that was mirrored across the four drives so that I could have some real-time mirroring. I'm not too hot on RAID setups so mirror seemed simple yet reliable enough for me. Does…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when trying to "Grow" Raid Mirror.

Quote from Phil: “I've created a RAID Mirror with 2 x 4TB disks and it's populated with data. I would now like to expand this mirror by adding another 2 x 3TB disks ” mdadm Raid always use amount of space on each disk equal to the size of the…
  • spatze -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x WOL Plugin - wie funktioniert die Abfrage.

Okay, thank you for the Info. Now i have to find out, why the Unifi Security Gateway won't discover the hostnames.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced.

youtu.be/Rbee3Se24Ms Today, we will install Emby media server into Openmediavault.
  • Phil -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Error "/dev/sda not large enough to join array" when trying to "Grow" Raid Mirror.

Thread
    Hello there First time forum-poster here :). I recently migrated from FreeNAS to OMV and while it's had it's challenges I think I'm largely there. I've created a RAID Mirror with 2 x 4TB disks and it's populated with data. I would now like to expand…
  • carriba -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Update Raspbian Jessie kernel panic after OS & OMV packages update.

Thread
    Today, I've done the usual "sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get -y upgrade" on an existing Raspberry Pi server with Rasbpian Jessie as the underlying OS that I'm using as a NAS box with OMV 3.0.99. Rebooted the device and connected with SSH and after a…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from flmaxey: “I agree, that doesn't make sense. I think I'd give both a side-by-side examination of their network settings to see what's different on the iPad. ” That was one thing I did, I also connected the iPad to the 2.4 network (after a…