openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys,

Linux noob here.
    Brand new installation of OMV 4, on this new homemade nas.
    Everything went smooth.
    Following web guides I was able to create share, upload my video collection, install Plex using OMV-Extras, run it, so far so good.

Now I need to "install" a Plex agent, named Hama (link Hama.bundle) and a Plex scanner, named Absolute Serie Scanner (link Absolute-Series-Scanner)

due to my limited (->0) knowledge of Linux, I've followed this, assuming that a script for Ubuntu might work also here (script link here)
    (SSH with root, apt-get install git, apt-get install unzip, then commands as per script above)

result: no agent, no scanner
    Any skilled guy that help me here?

some extra data
    I was able to install agent and scanner on a windows Plex installation, so on windows it works.
    My guess is that I'm not writing things in the right folder

Thanks
    <3
  • New

Hello,

I'm quite new to OMV family, actually I'm in the deployment process of my first machine. I've looked on google and tried to look on forum, no luck with either approach. If my question was answered, please point me to solution and I'll delete this thread.

Short question:
    Can I grant user access to web gui plugin/service menu?

Long question:
    I'm currently setting up OMV machine as a upgrade from synology machine. One of requirements was to allow users to use equivalent of "Download station". Of course I can make it happen with "BitTorrent" and "Downloader" plugins/services, however I'm unable to give user access to gui of those services. I'm unable to give user gui access to anything to be honest. I know there is RCP for BitTorrent, but that seems like a workaround, not a proper solution to problem. Can I grant user access to web gui plugin/service menu?

Regards
    Christopher
  • New

I'm wanting to upgrade my v2 (Stone Burner) to v3. I understand I need to verify that the plugins I use in v2 need to be available for v3 before proceeding. I'm surprised to see no iSCSI Target plugin or LVM2 plugin. A couple questions:
    1) Is that to say, v3 does not provide iSCSI target services?
    2) does v3 have iSCSI initiator so I can still mount my storage located on an iSCSI target?
    3) does v3 *NOT* have LVM at all? That seems very odd - thinking it might be built in and does not require a plugin?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Upgrade 2-3

bkeadle

Cannot login via any method

flmaxey

OMV 4.x - Plex - Agent Hama and Scanner Absolute Serie Scanner, how to?

NextCloud Installation Q & A

riff-raff

Cannot add new disk to RAID 6 - "Device or resource busy"

Darkenor

Recent Activities

• Mylar (hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/mylar/) Mylaris an automated comic book (cbr/cbz) downloader program heavily-based on theHeadphones template and logic (which is also based on SickBeard). Find the Linuxserver/mylar container by searching for…
  • bkeadle -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Like (Post)
    As it has been said many, many times on this forum, there is no way to restore any OMV configuration onto a fresh install other than by configuring it all by hand from scratch. It is for this reason you should take copious notes about, and screenshots…
  • bkeadle -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

Like (Post)
    Your decision regarding skipping OMV 3.x and going straight to 4.x will depend on some factors. The first thing is available plugins. The list of what is available in 3.x got a lot shorter in 4.x. So if any must haves are missing in OMV 4.x you will…
  • bkeadle -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.3 Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 2-3.

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Cannot login via any method.

On your drives: Either way would work, disconnecting power or the sata connector (disconnect both?). With the power plug disconnected the drives will not spin up, and there's less chance you'd confuse the sata connectors. The reconnect might go better…
  • lanippa -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV 4.x - Plex - Agent Hama and Scanner Absolute Serie Scanner, how to?.

Thread
    Hi guys, Linux noob here. Brand new installation of OMV 4, on this new homemade nas. Everything went smooth. Following web guides I was able to create share, upload my video collection, install Plex using OMV-Extras, run it, so far so good. Now I need…
  • riff-raff -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) NextCloud Installation Q & A.

I till run my OMV3 with NC 12.XXX and I want to upgrade to NC 13, but in the updater I get - Check for expected files - The following extra files have been found: - .well-known from letsencrypt I guess. Up to now, I moved .well-known to another folder…
  • Darkenor -

Replied to the thread Cannot add new disk to RAID 6 - "Device or resource busy".

@admins - sorry for double post. I received a strange error when posting...but I didn't save it. :(
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Iscsitarget (the software) is not maintained anymore. Their dkms simply not work with kernels 4.x. The iscsi plugin has to find a new base core software which might be LIO possibly. This has been answered several times in the forum. About lvm I don’t…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Enabling services webgui to user.

No. There is only one admin. However the framework allows to create plugins that allow non-admin users to access the parts of the plugin the developer wants. Cases are: - cups - OpenVPN This has been answered before. Not sure if is in the new wiki.…