openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello,

I am just about to swap my internal TV tuners for a SAT>IP server, meaning that I am no longer forced to use my big power-hungry server for scheduling/recording purposes.

My original plan was to use a Raspberry Pi3, but have read that they just are not up to the job and that there are much better alternatives out there, now.

What devices would be worth considering - something like a Rock64 or perhaps an Odroid-XU4?

I ideally want a device that I can install TVHeadend on, plug in a hard drive for recordings, and then stream recordings/live TV to multiple Kodi clients.

Any suggestions/experiences would be very much appreciated.
  • New

Hi

I'm currently running OMV 3.x, but after a recent manual remote reboot of the system I can't connect to the OMV GUI.
    I know the server is running because FTP, Plex and Transmission is working fine (The file location for new torrents in Transmission has been changed tho).

Basically my problem is, that I get the following error message in Chrome when I try to connect to the server (both via local network and externally):

This site can’t be reached
    gnas.se refused to connect.
    Try:
    ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have tried to reboot it manually again, but it didn't help.
    I don't have physical access to the server until first in March, but can I do anything before that? or what to do when I get physical access to it?
  • New

Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language
    The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum gave me a lot of help just by searching :)
    But thats the fun with building something on your own.
    The Case is rather big, not a Problem for me, it has a lot of space inside and everything stays cool and silent.
    I use it as Mediaserver for KODI with WOL and Autoshutdown

OMV = 4.0.16-1 (4.14.0.bpo.2-amd64)
    Case = Thermaltake Versa H15
    MB = Asrock J3455-ITX
    RAM = Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800)
    SSD = (old) 64GB Crucical via USB3 Adapter (Sabrent USB 3.0 zu SSD)
    PSU = PicoPSU-90 12V
    HDD = 2x WD RED 4TB 1x WD RED 8TB (need to buy another 8TB)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Best Raspberry Pi alternative for PVR?

Upgrade from 2x to 3x GUI error

Benachrichtigungen: keine Einträge und Fehlermeldung

Install ZFS or bust... bust?

ryecoaaron

If using Docker in OMV with Flash Memory, is USB stick OS recommended?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities