openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

smb access from mac

sjdaniels

Mirror, no drives listed

flmaxey

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?

ryecoaaron

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

ryecoaaron

Discord channel?

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• sjdaniels -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x smb access from mac.

In finder you select "Go" and drop down to "Connect to Server". I can tell you manual instructions, i.e. afp://000.000.000.000, but you should be able to click "Browse" button and see the server. If not... there is a problem. 1. Make sure your…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Mirror, no drives listed.

I think you're pretty much on the right track. __________________________________________ Last Notes: (Going to watch a show with the wife) The GUI sets data scrubs for your pool automatically so you won't have to configure scrub jobs. (Google ZFS
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?.

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

The zfs 0.7.3 packages for amd64 (packages built on OMV 4.x box from the Debian Sid source code) are now in the OMV 4.x omv-extras testing repo. This should fix the 4.13 kernel compilation issues and offer new features.
  • flmaxey -

Sorry,, we're doing this in real time and it was a typo! I revised it, but not in time. zfs set xattr=sa yourpoolname (FYI: ZFS1 is the name of my pool)
  • Britman -

Brilliant, thanks. only Source Code (1 line)didn't work "cannot open 'ZFSl': dataset does not exist"
  • flmaxey -

If your SMB share still doesn't show up, check the windows workgroup name, versus what you have in OMV under SMB/CIF in the Settings TAB.
  • flmaxey -

Actually, after you edit the pools, it might be best if you reboot with the new attributes set, before setting up shares. (It might not be required, I'm trying to remember when I did it the last time, but it wouldn't hurt anything.) Also, Windows is…
  • flmaxey -

OK! Well, you got a bit ahead of where I thought you'd be. Delete your SMB share, and the underlaying share first. You'll need to do the following, or your base permission will be like those on a Solaris server. (You want Linux permissions.) It's…
  • Britman -

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from Britman: “When I say I've installed ZFS, the plugin is currenlty installing but with errors. Source Code (2 lines)” Crappers. Remove the ZFS plugin. On the command line do the following: Source Code (2 lines)Then…