openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding

tr3bjockey

Upgrading from USB stick drive to SSD in a USB enclosure. Can I do this and keep everything?

robster

OMV 2.1 raid5 missing after blackout

geaves

SNAPRAID+AUFS Replacing disks

jollyrogr

Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar

geaves

Recent Activities

• disrupted -

Liked henfri’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Nginx Connection failed.

Like (Post)
    Hello, I have the same issue. I have changed the monit config to: Shell-Script (7 lines)(I changed the last line) I have no operational experience with this yet though. Greetings, Hendrik
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

Quote from TheLostSwede: “Just out of curiosity, have you had a look at Emby as an alternative to Plex? I found it to be a lot nicer to use, despite no native app support on my smart TV. ” I've heard a lot of good things about Emby. Would their be a…
  • Excellent thank you. I assume I simply need to name the shared folders the same to have them appear with all their data intact etc? As soon as the new boot disc arrives (doing an upgrade to an m.2 in a USB enclosure) I'll try that. Much appreciated.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.1 raid5 missing after blackout.

You could try stopping it even though it says inactive then try reassembling it.....bit it's not showing 2 drives /dev/sd[bc] which could mean the raid is dead, which if it is your data's gone.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved SNAPRAID+AUFS Replacing disks.

Whenever I have snapraid questions I find it's helpful to read the documentation on the snapraid website. I don't do things like disk replacement often enough to remember the procedure. To replace a data disk: snapraid.it/faq#repdatadisk
  • piratx -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved SNAPRAID+AUFS Replacing disks.

Hello, I am replying to this old thread cause I tried to do the same thing (replacing an old drive with a new one). So basically my setup is as follows: SnapRAID with unionfilesystems on OMV 4.1.11 Arrakis 5 drives on right now named (not cool) but in…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Well done :thumbup: instead of a Raid 1 mirror use the drives as individual drives 1 x data and 1 x rsync and a possible a backup to a usb drive, so you're backing up the backup.
  • barney5 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid1 nach Upgrade (omv 3 --> omv 4) nicht mehr einbindbar.

Ich habe eine Festplatte des RAID1 in ein LinuxMint System eingebunden. Das war für einen Anfänger wie mich gar nicht so leicht. Jetzt habe ich wieder zugriff auf die Daten. Aber ich denke in Zukunft kommt kein RAID1 mehr für mich in Frage. Vielen…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Take a look at this for an example. thebiggerguy/docker-pulseaudio-example
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.