openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Smart Errors on backup system

tkaiser

Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?

General discussion moved from another thread!!

geaves

Probleme RAID1 einbinden auf OMV 3.0.92 (Erasmus)

Fehler bei der Aktualisierungsverwaltung - Error updating administration

votdev

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Smart Errors on backup system.

Quote from clooner: “I am running ext4 as file system ” That's sad. With better filesystems you could run a scrub and that would tell you whether data has already been corrupted or not. But the SMART data is not bad, it's just this here what led to…
  • McDuff -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Network Saturation Spikes - what's going on here?.

Thread
    I noticed some weird intermittent problems on my network. At first I thought there was a problem with the router, but then I checked the server usage graphs and saw that the OMV box was periodically saturating the network connection to an absurd…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from flmaxey: “An IP bridge? That's the typical design. The modem sets up an IP tunnel, through (typically) a Frame Relay system, to the ISP's autonomous system on the other side. It's using the router as an access point (versus as a…
  • clooner -

Part 2 Brainfuck Source Code (149 lines)then there is more of the same... Error 514 [9] occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 4964 hours (206 days + 20 hours) When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was active or idle.
  • clooner -

Thanks, I am running ext4 as file system Source Code (52 lines)
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Fehler bei der Aktualisierungsverwaltung - Error updating administration.

• frasch75 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Update Anfängerfrage Aktualisierungsverwaltung.

Thread
    Hallo, bin gerade von QNAP auf OMV 3.0.92 umgestiegen. Basis Debian 8.9 und dann OMV über apt installiert. Soweit läuft alles inzwischen wunderbar :) Mein Frage: In der Aktualisierungsverwaltung tauchen jetzt diverse Einträge auf Kernel+gcc 4.9x incl.…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x MDADM Error Messages.

Quote from kaufmanj1973: “an "MDADM no arrays found in config file or automatically" message. It is apparently related to a RAID system ” It's exactly the opposite. This message is telling you that there's no RAID involved AT ALL (neither exists a config…
  • TheSidewinder -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved GUI Firewall Setup --log-prefix error after move to 3.x.

Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm chasing the wrong problem here. I flushed the iptables completely from commandline and still have the same problem, the connection is refused when I try to connect to 192.168.x.x:9200. (And my "experimenting" last…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x MDADM Error Messages.

Assuming your OMV USB thumbdrive build was done form scratch: At times RAID, LVM, GPT, Root Kits and others, may write things to a drive's boot sector that are persistent. These settings may survive reformatting and may refuse attempts to repartition…