openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Got these two messages and just curious of there meaning. Thanks ?(

Resource limit succeeded Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:03:08

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: 'omvserver.local' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.8]

Resource limit matched Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01:37

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: loadavg(5min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(5min)>4.0]
  • New

Hi everyone..

i am using freenas and qnap but i want to test OVM. It is look good.

I installed a virtual server and OVM over that. I want use torrent client (download some films) on OVM. But i can not install any plugin. And my plugin page have less plugins (default).

is there any guide installing torrent client ? i looked some guides but i can't do.

Best regards
  • New

Hi,
    Recently I've noticed that I can't access OMV via the GUI or SSH. SSH gives med software caused abort and GUI gives me wrong password. The only thing I can imagine that has happened is a power loss. All shares and everything else that I've setup works as before though.

So I have now connected a monitor and keyboard to the server but I can't figure how to move forward. I would say that fixing the SSH would be the first step, then I could run omv-firstaid to fix the gui password. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Can't login to console with root ("login incorrect") only my user.
  • New

Hey, so although I posted a thread some time ago asking about this, I finished building it and have been tinkering with it for the past few months.

I thought I would share some pictures, and my experience thus far.

Cost:
    This box itself I picked up on sale for $90 CAD. I had confirmed working ram (4GB Crucial) sitting in my drawer at home, and the CAT6 cable and Seagate Firecuda 2.5" 1TB SSHD were about $110 CAD together. For 30 dollars I purchased an MLC USB drive with good reviews and decent advertised transfer speed (Transcend JetFlash 780) for the boot drive. In addition I picked up a WD Blue 3.5" 5400 RPM 1TB drive and Nexstar TX powered 3.5" usb 3.0 external HD enclosure for ~ $80 CAD. I also purchased a CyberPower 350VA UPS ($60 CAD) so that I wouldn't need to worry about power outages (they're rare where I live anyway). In all the cost was around $360 CAD. Technology isn't really cheap in Canada, sadly, but I feel I've gotten good value for money and learned a lot and had…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 error when I try to install

ryecoaaron

Just curious on what these two messages I got emailed from my server mean.

ZFS Plugin (ZoL upgrade possible?)

ryecoaaron

Dockers Bad Gatway

About Torrent Plugin

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities