Plugin losing permissions intermittently?

• I've run multiple files through from remote sync to local sync and they have all worked. I will check permissions on the file this evening. Thank you very much for all the help!

If I upgrade to 2.0 will I need to redo the init script again? Are there any other events that might require me to redo it?

OMV 1.9 - Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 - Xeon E3-1200 v3 Series w/ 8GB Ram: 3 x 3TB WD RED - AUFS Pool, 1 x 16GB Samsung SSD System Drive
    Plex - Syncthing - Couchpotato - Sonarr - NUT

• Started working on the new version of CP, it will have an option to set the umask via the plugin page, I think that was the biggest change in the init file you posted?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• The umask setting in the new version is added to the start-daemon options not just placed in the init script.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I am not sure if works. @theory can you list the permissions of a file that has been unrared and renamed by CP?

i use flexget for movies, not couch potato.

I looked through logs to confirm, -rwxrwxrwx was final permission of the mkv file after unrar.

OMV 1.9 - Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 - Xeon E3-1200 v3 Series w/ 8GB Ram: 3 x 3TB WD RED - AUFS Pool, 1 x 16GB Samsung SSD System Drive

• So another interesting change. I noticed Plex Media Server wasn't updating the library. I don't personally use Plex, but I host the media for some family members to view. I ran the tree command on the new files and I noticed that the files are not being created the same as my last update. The newest files are:

├── [drwxrwsrwx couchpot users ] XYZ (2015)
    │ ├── [-rw-rw---- theory users ] XYZ(2015).mkv
    │ └── [-rw-rw---- theory users ] XYZ(2015).orig.nfo

I haven't made any config changes. Umask in CP is still 0777. My Kodi htpc picks up the files fine, but Plex cannot. I'm not sure if Plex has a user in the users group or not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but Plex cannot

plex doesn't belong to users, it belong to others, so no, of course plex won't see the files with those permissions.

Two things here:
    1) if the file was extracted by couchotato will have to go through the umask again or the setting in couchpotato
    2) if this file is coming (no rar pack) from the remote server, you know that sycnthing is mirroring the permissions. An as i read further behind this thread up those permissions are 660 in the remote server.

Please give yourself some time in the guide section were some permissions are explained

• I will monitor which files are unrar'd and which are not to confirm that. I will read the guides some more. I'm happy I was able to find the cause of the library not updating and attribute that to what I learned in this thread. I manually chmod'd those new files to get the library updated for now. Thank you for your patience and help as I am learning more everyday.

• That's a much easier way... I'm not sure why I didn't realize that before.

• Something very strange happened tonight. There's nothing in the syslog but all my usage graphs are blank for a period of a few minutes (attached picture of cpu graph).

I went to check the status of a file which I thought should have been completed. A file seemed to have been about to be unrar'd/moved/renamed when it happened. I can't view the CP web interface to view the logs and I get this error when I tried to disable and re-enable the plugin:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'couchpotato' stop 2>&1': Stopping CouchPotato
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/couchpotato/server.pid' found running; none killed.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript couchpotato, action "stop" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:176
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(148): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('stop')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(53): OMVSysVInitScript->stop()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/couchpotato.inc(110): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleCouchpotato->stopService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

I tried to uninstall the CP plugin to start fresh and got this error:

Removing openmediavault-couchpotato ...
    Stopping CouchPotato
    No process in pidfile '/var/run/couchpotato/server.pid' found running; none killed.
    invoke-rc.d: initscript couchpotato, action "stop" failed.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-couchpotato (--purge):
    subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-couchpotato

It was working great for a few days at least.

Bilder

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von theory ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!