Plex update failed, now I can't find the server?

• Hi,

I just used Update manager to update to Plex Media Server 1.0.15. It did however fail, and I solved it by uninstalling Plex plugin completely, and install it again. I used the same database directory (the old is still there). And I can see that Plex is running (green light). If I do a service plexmediaserver start I get the reply it is already running.

But it won't show up when visiting 192.168.1.2:32400/manage
    It can't find my server at all.

I am out of ideas?

Please help me out!

• Everything seems broken, I lost my whole library with settings and plugins...

EDIT:
    Feels like the latest update doesn't even get the settings from the Plex location you specify in the Openmediavault Plex settings.
    How do I downgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Feels like the latest update doesn't even get the settings from the Plex location you specify in the Openmediavault Plex settings.
    How do I downgrade?

You didn't just upgrade though. You uninstalled then re-installed. That is very different.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You didn't just upgrade though. You uninstalled then re-installed. That is very different.

Yes, but I did the exact same thing when another update didn't work well. Then it was no problem at all.
    What can I do to save this? I can see all the files and plugins in the path I specified in OMV, they are unchanged.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, but I did the exact same thing when another update didn't work well. Then it was no problem at all.

We don't control the plex package. Maybe something changed with it? Uninstalling can be dangerous. I would make a backup before doing something like that.

What can I do to save this? I can see all the files and plugins in the path I specified in OMV, they are unchanged.

Sorry, I don't use plex. I don't know why it isn't finding the files. Ownership??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• We don't control the plex package. Maybe something changed with it? Uninstalling can be dangerous. I would make a backup before doing something like that.

Sorry, I don't use plex. I don't know why it isn't finding the files. Ownership??

Nothing has changed with the files since then. I'm able to connect to the server and create a new "setup", so it does save the info somewhere, but I don't know where.

I had no choice, when running the update today it failed, and Plex stopped working, and I couldn't update or anything, only uninstall.

• I think there is something that have changed with the plugin. I found an old backup, extracted the files from it and this folder is empty in my old backup: /var/lib/plexmediaserver/
    Now it is filled with Plex files, even though I have set a different folder in OMV settings.

How do I downgrade to the old version to test it out?

• Have you tried disabling, saving, enabling, and saving again in the plugin?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!