S/PDIF / Digital Audio on OMV3

• Hey,

this is my first post in this forum so i'd like to give my best wishes to everyone reading this.

I managed to build my OMV - NAS/Server from scratch. Everything works fine except digital audio via S/PDIF.

I am using the Shairport Plugin to mimic an Airport Express, which works fairly well with analog audio, but my Asrock J3455's SPDIF port stays inactive.

Do you have any idea how to activate S/PDIF? I am using OMV3 with the jessie-backports kernel.

Here is my aplay -l

And here comes my

Code
    root@server:~# cat /proc/asound/cards
     0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                          HDA Intel PCH at 0x91310000 irq 377

I've added my user to the audio group, bur this does not change anything. Any Ideas?

• Kurzes Update:

I've created a system wide asound file in /etc/asound.conf with the following content according to aplay -l

Immediately after that, the speaker test and music streaming (Stereo) via Airplay works.

What does not is Surround - Sound...any ideas about that?

• What does not is Surround - Sound...any ideas about that?

Are you sure, that your playback source is already coded in Dolby Digital or Dolby Surround? This is the first condition.

pcm.digital

PCM is an uncompressed audio format, like it is coded on a audio CD. DD and DS are compressed audio formats. I didn´t know you to configure it, but maybe it is necessary to make additional configuration in /etc/asound.conf for surround sound support.

The audio source must support surround sound and the audio output device must not be configured to pcm in my opinion to get surround sound from S/PDIF. If you restrict it to PCM you will get Stereo only.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• ruudm according to your signature you are using Debian 11 aka Bullseye.

ALSA was replaced by PulseAudio in later OS versions, hence reviving a post a post for OMV3 wont help in this case.

Better to read about PulseAudio and if eventually needed to start a new thread (likely more & better responses in RPI forum though)

PI's Debian 11 aka Bullseye announcement has some comments re audio issues https://www.raspberrypi.com/ne…bullseye/#comment-1565816

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!