advice on windows domain and backup

• Hi I'm new to linux in general and came across omv and setup a vm to look at some of the features. If I had a higher end personal pc I would explore some more of these options on my own but my dual core with 16 gb of ram doesn't cut it for multiple vms. So at work I'm looking to create a way to backup about 3 pcs 2 of which running windows 10 and one windows 7 I would also like to create a domain that these pcs could join with limited user accounts and have an admin account. Right now all 3 pcs are using local accounts and file and printer sharing doesn't always work so well. I have found it difficult with windows 10 to add user permissions when everything is a local account. so can this OS help me out with all of this. And like I said I would only be using the storage with OMV for backup of these windows machines. I won't actually be creating any shared files in it. All of my shared files will be between the windows machines. I'm also curious if there is a way to access the web GUI remotely. I would really like it if I could monitor some things from home.

Thanks in advance
    Rob

• Offizieller Beitrag

using the storage with OMV for backup of these windows machines

I use the urbackup-plugin for this. Works perfectly.
    urbackup.org

I'm also curious if there is a way to access the web GUI remotely. I would really like it if I could monitor some things from home.

Sure. However this is not linked to OMV.
    You can use a VPN for that.

• ok well I went ahead and installed urbackup and not that i've done anything but just test it I really like it. now I'm still exploring trying to get an active windows directory going.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!