after upgrade to 1.x I got a grub syntax error

• Hello,
    yesterday I've updated my 0.5 to 1.0, installation completed errorless but at the reboot I got a syntax error (I'm not in front of NAS) what ends with 64_full.... how do I recover it? if I use a fresh installation from usbstick will it keeps all my data on raid5?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Boot from the Debian wheezy netinst iso and choose the repair option. It will give you an option to repair grub and it has worked on my system.

omv 7.1.0-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,
    yesterday I've updated my 0.5 to 1.0, installation completed errorless but at the reboot I got a syntax error (I'm not in front of NAS) what ends with 64_full.... how do I recover it? if I use a fresh installation from usbstick will it keeps all my data on raid5?

Thanks

For future reference, the answer to your second question is yes. If you ever have to do a clean install of the OS, simply disconnect the data drives, install OMV, then reconnect the data drives. Then all you will need to do is mount your raid in the webUI and set up your shares and services again.

This is one of the big advantages of keeping the OS and data drives separate.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!