No WEBui

• Hi there,

I am new to open media vault ant i can not log in my Webui. I get the message there is no content yet in my browser. Tried multiple browsers, cleared coockies and history. Also no webui trough my android device

Zitat

It works!
    This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

It had wordked properly the last days. Plugins which are installed are: Sabnzbd, CP, SB and plex. WHo all are reachable by browser.

Any clue?

• You didn't enter the 1st command correctly and I do not see the 2nd one.

Though the output answered your question perfectly for first command :P

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Oh... nevermind... yeah it just showed openmediavault let alone... you're right.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I have again the error with no webui. I think i messed up myself this time due installing spotweb (NZBindexer) by using this tutorial http://eye-vision.homeip.net/1…alleren-op-debian-server/

I had spotweb running on a previous installation without anyproblem. The only difference is i had OMV listen in port 5000, this time the standard port 80. I got an error with restarting apache. After a reboot WEBui wans't reachable

Here are the outputs:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                     1.1                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-couchpotato         1.0.2                         all          OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-mysql               1.0.11                        all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        1.0.23                        all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver     1.0.7                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-sabnzbd             1.0.3                         all          OpenMediaVault SABnzbd plugin
    ii  openmediavault-sickbeard           1.0.1                         all          OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service apache2 status
    Apache2 is running (pid 3956).
  • I'll jiust leave a note here that this kind of problems could be prevented if you guys would use VirtualBox and test on thos things this wouldn't happen.

Greetings
    David

• I had spotweb running on a previous installation without anyproblem. The only difference is i had OMV listen in port 5000, this time the standard port 80. I got an error with restarting apache. After a reboot WEBui wans't reachable

And this is your problem....
    You cannot have two http-servers listen to the same port (80). You need to change the port for one of these servers.
    If you need to have apache on port 80 than you have to change the port on which nginx is listening for the OMV web-ui like this:

Open a SSH session, go to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ and there is a file named openmediavault-webgui. Open it for editing, search for the line listen [::]:80 and change that value to another port (I use 82). Save the file and restart the service
    service nginx restart

Then open your browser and open the webgui with http://<your-ip-adress>:82 and you are done.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• @ datadigger; thanks for the help. Editing the file did the trick

@ davidh2k; You are problable right. But comming from Synology i am relative new to linux so im still in e learning curve. All my viable data is not stored at my OMV yet so no harm done when an error is happining

• You are welcome. Please mark this thread as solved.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• No, that's not a bug. You need to change the port OMV uses through the web interface. Editing config files OMV generated is not a very good idea since they'll be overwritten anyway.

• system/general settings/web administration tab

then below in the General settings "Port" field.

Yes that's the second step I forgot to mention. Like hk-47 said the mentioned config file will be overwritten. But to get back the web-gui you need to edit it manually, after that the port should be changed like tekk said.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!