Unionfilesystem Plugin

• Hi, i hope my question is right here.

I have a OMV2 machine running here and it runs wonderful and now i want to test the latest omv3 in VirtualBox on my Windows 10. In OMV2 the unionfilesystem-plugin lets you select "mergerfs" in the "type" box. In OMV3 is no "type" box where i can select mergerfs.

How do i use mergerfs in OMV3 unionfilesystem plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin only uses mergerfs now. aufs is not in the backports kernel and mhddfs is not supported.

• Is this plugin currently working in 3.0?

I've setup a test system for OMV 3.0 and tried the unionfilesystem plugin. It installs ok, but when I go to create a pool, I get the following error;

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems'.

Details;

Code
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:244Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/unionfilesystems.inc(221): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))#1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\UnionFilesystems->set(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is this plugin currently working in 3.0?

Yes. I use it on a few systems. No idea why your xpath is not there. It creates it here. Did you upgrade from OMV 2.x? I would uninstall the plugin and reinstall.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm moving my G6 running Windows 2012 to my new server running OMV only. This means I'm moving Sonarr, Couchpotato and jackett along with others. My problem is that when i try to setup Sonarr (haven't tried anything else) it tells me to locate the path. the problem is i have NO clue where to look when i look in the File System section i find media/a bunch of letters and number. When i go to /media/ I can't find it. please help

• Offizieller Beitrag

please help

You can enable the absolute path column in the Shared Folders tab. This will show you exactly where it is. See my video.

• I have the same problem and as a workaround I placed a txt-file named after the partition into every partition's top directory. So you also know when you're on the pool partition because there you'll see multiple of the txt-files.

• I have the same problem and as a workaround I placed a txt-file named after the partition into every partition's top directory. So you also know when you're on the pool partition because there you'll see multiple of the txt-files.

I understand what you are saying i just don't know how to do that yet.

• If i added a zfs pool to my union system this error comes:

Code
    Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: 'media/85b917c0-a89f-4bdc-90a4-fa82b16690c7:media/5763287c-c94f-409f-bb39-b0f84c36b6a2:media/24e79b44-2a20-4c27-a72f-7bf8af000114:media/0ae57b04-dd68-470b-b433-bcdb56e4885b:pool1'.

Code
    Fehler #0:exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Could not fetch a matching mount point from the provided fsname: 'media/85b917c0-a89f-4bdc-90a4-fa82b16690c7:media/5763287c-c94f-409f-bb39-b0f84c36b6a2:media/24e79b44-2a20-4c27-a72f-7bf8af000114:media/0ae57b04-dd68-470b-b433-bcdb56e4885b:pool1'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc:111Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/mergerfs.inc(55): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Mergerfs::fetchMountPointFromFstabByFsnameAndType('media/85b917c0-...', 'fuse.mergerfs')#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(885): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Mergerfs->getImpl('media/85b917c0-...')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(156): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getImplByMountPoint('/media/d0bd8987...')#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->enumerateSharedFolders(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateShared...', Array, Array)#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(522): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'enumerateShared...', Array, Array, 1)#7 {main}

pool1 = zfs pool

What can i do?

More information:

• If i added a zfs pool to my union system this error comes:

ZFS and unionfs are not designet to work together, use ZFS or use UnionFS ( or both using separate Disk, eg: one for video other for data), but what you are trying to do, have no sense.

• Thank you I love this plugin and have been running a version of it for a few years now.

I read through everything and didn't see this asked:
    Question: How can i get new drives/space to show up in the mergerfs pool without a reboot? Normally i just reboot but i'd rather not as my server is always busy. I tried a sudo mount -a and that didn't work with a notice of Fuse: mountpoint not empty

• I emailed the mergerfs developer:

Use the runtime config interface:

https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#runtime
    https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs-tools

There's an example using mergerfs.ctl in the docs

$ mergerfs.ctl add path /mnt/foo

so after cloning the mergerfs-tools and running sudo make
    for merger fs pool examp of: /media/mainpool
    and new drives of: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRed8TB1 and WDRed8TB2
    The commands to add them without reboot would be:
    sudo mergerfs.ctl -m /media/mainpool add path /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRed8TB1
    and
    sudo mergerfs.ctl -m /media/mainpool add path /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WDRed8TB2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!