mySQL broken?

• Hey guys,

had mySQL running for months without any problem.
    All of a sudden this morning mySQL is broken, I have no access.

Running the latest OMV (1.13) and mySQL (1.16)

Only thing I did this morning was playing with NFS permissions because I had some problems with XBMC.
    The share which contains mysql-data wasn't involved!

If I want to login to the WebIF of mySQL I'm getting: "Error connecting database".
    So I thought I forgot my password maybe and I've resettet the root-passwort using the OMV Config, without success.

So I went into ssh.

Code
    root@C0mmanda-Server:~# mysql status
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Code
    root@C0mmanda-Server:~# mysql restart
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Code
    root@C0mmanda-Server:~# mysql -u root -p
    Enter password: 
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Is there anyone else with this problem?
    Any suggestion to fix this?
    Thank you VERY much!

• You can reset the MySQL root password in the plugin.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• tried to stop the deamon with mysqld stop

Got this message as an endless loop:

Code
    InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11

InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process

InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.

So I've killed the daemon process (kill -9) and resettet PW, no success :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try to disable in the webui the Mysql. Reboot and check with ps that no Sql pid is running.
    Then try reset the password again, and start the daemon.
    If it doesn't work then I would suggest to try the methods in the Mysql website to reset passwords. Problem here is apparently root@localhost is non existent. That's why you're getting denied. For everywhere access to Mysql as root you need root@% username.

• Try to disable in the webui the Mysql. Reboot and check with ps that no Sql pid is running.
    Then try reset the password again, and start the daemon.
    If it doesn't work then I would suggest to try the methods in the Mysql website to reset passwords. Problem here is apparently root@localhost is non existent. That's why you're getting denied. For everywhere access to Mysql as root you need root@% username.

Thank you very much, it works and I have access again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!