kernel rrdtool segfault error every 15min

Shinobi

[HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana

Shinobi

Problem serving USB volume over CIFS

Adoby

[HowTo] Run OMV as a KVM/qemu/libvirt host

ryecoaaron

web interface 502 Bad Gateway until after logging in as root on console.

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x kernel rrdtool segfault error every 15min.

Read NVMe SMART/Health Information failed: NVMe Status 0x2002
  • Shinobi -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Shinobi: “Any ideas how I could check it? ” SMART. And I would check the ram again. Are you running the flashmemory plugin? nvme or not, it still has limited writes. ” I cannot activate SMART for the NVME…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Quote from henfri: “Here I explain how to find the cause/the process accessing ständiger Plattenzugriff ” I'm pretty sure thats a stupid question, but what exactly is defined as "mount point"? Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem serving USB volume over CIFS.

I have no idea if a HDD with LVM is usable with OMV. I doubt it. But I have never tried it. Just test it and see if it works. Perhaps you can create virtual volumes on the HDD that you can use in the VM? I have only done as I described above, added…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Run OMV as a KVM/qemu/libvirt host.

Quote from mn124700: “Wondering what people think the pros and cons are of this. Anyone doing it the way I am? ” I run OMV on a few Proxmox (kvm) installs and it works very well. This thread started because people wanted to run kvm on OMV without…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Shinobi: “Any ideas how I could check it? ” SMART. And I would check the ram again. Are you running the flashmemory plugin? nvme or not, it still has limited writes.
  • Shinobi -

Thanks. NVME ssd (and the whole system) is quite new and I actually had RAM problems at the very beginning and resolved them when I changed it. The NVME is a Corsair Force MP510. Any ideas how I could check it?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread web interface 502 Bad Gateway until after logging in as root on console..

Wow, I should avoid this thread because it is going nowhere but I want to clear up a few things... You can use OMV without an internet connection (although I wouldn't because updates are important). Using OMV 5.0.5 is probably not what I would use…
  • reeneex -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Update Update System of/von 2015.

• mn124700 -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Run OMV as a KVM/qemu/libvirt host.

Interesting thread, but I'm wondering why OMV is set up this way. It appears OMV is running on "bare metal" and KVM has been installed into that (Debian) system. In my own setup, I'm running KVM in Ubuntu18.04 (which I like better than Debian) and then…