The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot Restart FTP Server

David B

HHD expansion PCIe card

gderf

"Communications with the UPS ups_localhost are lost" issue for current plugin: temporary workaround or final solution? And remote monitoring?

OMV crashing during long file copy from Windows

OMV crashing during long file copy from Windows

Recent Activities

• David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot Restart FTP Server.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you are determining that it is still running by the services green indicator then that is deceiving. /etc/init.d/proftpd status is the most accurate method or grep the output of ps. ” It still shows as running using these…
  • ryecoaaron -

If you are determining that it is still running by the services green indicator then that is deceiving. /etc/init.d/proftpd status is the most accurate method or grep the output of ps.
  • David B -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While I don't use ftp, I know proftp it is still using an init script instead of systemd unit file. Try: sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd force-stop ” This does not seem to work either. After running this, the FTP server remains up.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread HHD expansion PCIe card.

There are several variations within the 9200 line. I don't know what the differences are other than if you don't need or don't want a RAID card, then don't pay extra for it. I got mine on Amazon for $59.00. The 9300 series are newer and use PCIe 3.0…
  • Meguinness -

Quote from gderf: “My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it. ” thanx , i see many on ebays , i understand that there may be clones of this card,should i look for exactly a lsi 9200 or any from the 9200…
  • gderf -

My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it.
  • Meguinness -

thanx i will look in to it , are those cards just plug and play ? will OMV detect the hard drives without need drivers to install? thanx
  • You may be looking for something a bit more polished than this but I really like my NanoPi M4 with SATA hat. The drives rest in an open 5-bay disk cage with the M4 secured on top and a Mean Well power supply (LRS-100-12) sitting down in the first…
  • RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

I think the issue is with DTS HD audio maybe. Is there something I have to install onto my NAS to force it to transcode just the audio file? Is logging into 192.168.1.35:32400/web/index.html# how I'm supposed to be able to change all of my settings?…
  • gderf -

Given the choice between buying a PCIe SATA card or a PCIe Host Bus Adapter, chose the HBA. It offers a future path the SATA card doesn't and can't. I have an LSI 9200-8E HBA in my OMV machine that connects to a DAS box. The card has external connectors…