openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there,

I would like to ask you about photo gallery softwares, which is used by you and why is it better than others?

Currently I'm using a Synology Photo Station, but I would like to move my gallery to my OMV server, so I need for a good software to organize and make shared albums in an easy way by it. (I should make it accessable from outside because of the shared albums)

I found these softwares so far, but haven't got any experience with them:

Picapport
    Ownphotos
    Lychee
    Photoshow

It is important that the software is able to play video files made with mobile phones. (Example: Picapport has a video plugin for playing videos.)

So what do you think, which is a good choice and why it is?

Thanks!
  • New

Hi,

I am going to be upgrading from 3.0.99 to 4.x and I have managed to take backups of radarr and sonarr, however when I tried to take a backup of the sabnzbd.ini file, it says it is located at /var/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini however when I log in to ftp, with root, I only see file .. (which takes you back to the / folder) and media which is what my main folder is called. In there, I see no /var. Can anyone help to where it is located? I suspect there is some hidden folders but I have no idea how to unhide them. I am in / and only see those 2 folders.

I am going to be putting a new SSD in the nas

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Photo Gallery Server for OMV (Debian) - Which is the best?

raulfg3

Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?

mrslainkoenig

Need advise planning new NAS

diego

New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images

ryecoaaron

How to make containers wait for each other?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Photo Gallery Server for OMV (Debian) - Which is the best?.

• schulcz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Photo Gallery Server for OMV (Debian) - Which is the best?.

Thread
    Hi there, I would like to ask you about photo gallery softwares, which is used by you and why is it better than others? Currently I'm using a Synology Photo Station, but I would like to move my gallery to my OMV server, so I need for a good software to…
  • XZaya -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Zyxel NAS 520 won't boot anymore.

Like (Post)
    Quote from XZaya: “The NAS does not Popup in my Fritz!Box, and the Ethernet LED is just orange. ” That would imply you have connectivity but no activity, have tried changing the cable and/or tried another port on your router.
  • fk1 -

Liked diego’s post in the thread Need advise planning new NAS.

Like (Post)
    You were doing sequential reads, zfs spans them over your four disks, and data was written sequentially also, so you got a best-case scenario. You couldn't hear the disks because WD are quite silent and the heads were not waving back and forth, just…
  • mrslainkoenig -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

I only get around 30 MB/s with the non official pi4 image. But probably this is nomal?
  • aldrick -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread NAS based on NanoPi M4 and SATA hat.

Like (Post)
    Quote from peguerosdc: “its performance with whatever you have running on it? ” The performance does NOT correlate with amount of RAM. Only when you're running out of RAM it matters since then the system needs a way to deal with the 'out of memory'…
  • diego -

Replied to the thread Need advise planning new NAS.

You were doing sequential reads, zfs spans them over your four disks, and data was written sequentially also, so you got a best-case scenario. You couldn't hear the disks because WD are quite silent and the heads were not waving back and forth, just…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Quote from tkaiser: “Well, if you think throwing the work into the bin is the better idea compared to uploading it to SF... ” I didn't say that either. Why didn't you just say "Can you upload this to SF?". I haven't been reading enough to know if…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to make containers wait for each other?.

Quote from RPMan: “I understand what we are talking about. ” I wasn't trying to make it clear to you :) Just anyone else reading this thread. It saves me time answering issues on github where people think plugins are doing things wrong. Quote from…