openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Barebones install of OMV 4 taking up all of my RAM

How do I delete/uninstall a prior installation of Xteve. How to 'install' this as non-root user?

stevedawg85

VirtualBOX freeze..

"Windows Cannot Access //NAS : Network Path Was Not Found" Error.

Scott Rowland Enock

OMV 4 to OMV 5

Recent Activities

• Quote from KM0201: “If you executed it as root, that is your problem. Do you have a user on your NAS, or just the root user? ” Thats my problem, sorry if this is extremely newbie Q, but how do I do it. Check out my screenshot (from windows pc) -
  • scotop -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x VirtualBOX freeze...

Thread
    Hello everyone, On omv 4, I installed the VirtualBox plugin. the first virtual machine in seven 64 that I installed works very well. But when I add a second virtual machine, when I start it, it feeze the machine and OMV web and PhpVirtualbox are
  • Scott Rowland Enock -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x "Windows Cannot Access //NAS : Network Path Was Not Found" Error..

Hi Macom, thanks for the suggestion. When I disable "Local Master Browser" my NAS gets removed from the network section of the explorer. I re-enabled "Local Master Browser" and my NAS has reappeared but the issue is still persisting with it not being…
  • s0n1cm0nk3y -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Add Shared Folder via folder and not Device..

Thread
    Hey Folks. For my primary storage I use MergerFS but not directly via OMV's UnionFS plugins. Is there means to add a new shared folder via a local folder and not a device? I looked in the /sharefolders directory and it doesn't look like typical logical…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked qclan’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    I do understand the argument of keeping everything as simple as possible. And i know that if you change one thing now someone else will ask you another thing that needs changing. I've looked at the squeezebox forums and found an solution that workt for…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    If the internal ports are the same but the external ports are different, there are no problems.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    I'd vote for leaving portainer as it is. It's not realistic for users to expect portainer to be 100%, "out of the box", compatible with *ALL* Docker images/containers that currently exist, or those yet to be created. In a similar manner, I wouldn't…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked ness1602’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Then you just stick it ti 9000,and let others worry about their containers ports.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked Huberer’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    As I can see the port of SqueezeboxServer can also changed too. So it would be better to adopt the needed containers and not portainer Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Install Portainer from the command line if the external port requires changing from :9000, Portainers internal port is bound to the container and cannot be changed. A simple how to on how to install Portainer from the cli, with a warning or reference on…