openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Tried to change privileges of a folder and got the following error. HDD is still mounted and okay. All the shared folders on it are accessible. Any ideas?

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-appData.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for sharedfolders-appData.mount failed.
    3. See "systemctl status sharedfolders-appData.mount" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    4. Stack trace:
    5. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(160): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('restart', NULL, false)
  • New

Hi there,

I'm using OMV for a while now and I always had hard times with SMART settings.
    I never now how do set check intervals, alimentation mode to avoid recurrent HDD wake-ups, temperatures.
    Programmed tests are also not clear to me.

I found no guides about this part, but there must be some rules of thumb to make proper SMART settings depending on drives types (HDD,SSD) rotation speeds (5400rpm,7200rpm) disk settings (max economy, max availability) etc.

Can someone share his experience on the subject a make a dedicated guide ?

Thanks in advance
  • New

Hello,

When I enable SSL/TLS Force secure connection only, I have an error and I can acces OMV web panel from port 80 or what I set up to connect directly to http:// and not https://

The error appears alsy when I only enable enable SSL/TLS but despite the error https:// is enabled.

The conclusion is that the toggle for Force secure connection only does nothing.

Please help.

OMV5, clean install on debian 10.1 today, upgraded from OMV 4.

Thanks in advance.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

FTP won't start/buggy start

subzero79

A possible fix for macOS users with poor SMB speeds

[SOLVED] SFTP can not be disabled

gderf

Raspberry 3b+ Wlan

Agricola

Nextcloud -- Mass Data Migration (file permissions problem)

Morlan

Recent Activities

• subzero79 -

Liked skittlebrau’s post in the thread A possible fix for macOS users with poor SMB speeds.

Like (Post)
    TL;DR, setting "strict sync = no" in OpenMediaVault SMB settings may help to 'uncap' write speeds at the expense of a little more risk of in-flight data if there's a power outage or network interruption. I went from 70MB/s to 750MB/s write speeds via 10G…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) FTP won't start/buggy start.

Looks like there is issues at reboot, proftpd doesn't ship with a systemd unit, uses legacy init script so sometimes it might fail due to network not available. The approach upstream seems to be use activation on demand systemd socket.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved [SOLVED] SFTP can not be disabled.

I am an idiot. I was testing like this: sftp -p222 user@localhost and I got a prompt for my password. So I assumed an sftp server was running on port 222. Wrong. What happened is that -p222 is not proper but instead of throwing an error it dropped the…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved [SOLVED] SFTP can not be disabled.

Is standard systemd service github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…r/debian/omv-sftp.service Yoi can do it manually with systemctl, my server 4.x works fine disabling
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread Raspberry 3b+ Wlan.

Quote from @daschmidt94: “but now my plexmediaserver doesn't work anymore... ” I just assumed you were wanting to set up a backup server out in the chicken coop.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud -- Mass Data Migration (file permissions problem).

have you tried to chown the folder to the user you specified via puid/pgid when setting up the nextcloud docker? did you set puid/pgid? Cause TDL forgot this in his guide.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [Energy Savings] sheduled ON/OFF.

Quote from @gilles_aurejac: “all disks inserted in a OMV setup should have their advanced power management mode set to 127.. ” Could you please explain your reasoning for these three settings in Physical disk properties? I have always wondered what…
  • TheBadFrag -

Ok I just did a fresh reboot. Now the FTP is on "red" again and not started. I attached the syslog. I also attached the full errorcode after the first start.(by hand)
  • TheBadFrag -

What should I look for in the syslog? This here is the whole syslog: Source Code (27 lines)I attached the omv-salt as .txt because is was over 10000 :D
  • wonderbiscut -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x [Energy Savings] sheduled ON/OFF.

I have been looking to do something similar but on a daily basis. Shutting down was the easy bit, but thanks to your hard work and easy to follow guide, I now can get the server started again. Thank you.