openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Can we get a ZFS specific section in the Storage section? Please

I installed ZFS file system and raid on my newly build box...would like to track down or help if I can

Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array weekly?
    I already have it set to do short S.M.A.R.T daily, long S.M.A.R.T weekly, and Conveyance weekly as well...would like to schedule a scrub as well

Thanks again for such a GREAT distro!!!! FreeNAS may have ZFS but if you don't understand FreeBSD then it's kinda a moot point (learning curve is rather steep)...but debian/ubuntu/a HUGE amounts of distros out there are easy to understand and tweak...plus they are quite compatible and if a problem is found/fixed on another distro..95% of the time (or more) it will work a champ on OMV.
  • New

Hello Everyone!

I am going to build my first NAS. The goal was to be xheap and also not power hungry.

Here will be my hardware, still waiting for some parts.

- Case: Cooler Master Elite 120.
    - MoBo: ASRock E350M1
    - RAM: Will be 2 Gb DDR3 (for now)
    - PSU: Be Quiet! System Power B9 300w bulk (80+)
    - 4 HDDs 1Tb each.
    - 1 SSD 32 Gb

This will be use manly as a fileserver with RAID 5 with OMV.

But I am also thinking about maybe using proxmox, virtualize OMV and Daphile for playing music from one folder shared by OMV.

Will this configuration be enought?

I am a bit affraid that would be short and more of it, i am a bit affraid not too puch confident to have OMV as a VM.

Hope my questions are not too dumb.

Waiting to read you.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Samba password never works.

Nefertiti

Doubts about shared folders / SMB / Firmware Update

Adoby

ZFS section in the Storage section?

1 zu 1 Kopie erstellen mit gleichem Datum

KommTech

Raspberry pi wifi connecting to 2.4 instead of 5ghz

geaves

Recent Activities

• Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Samba password never works..

Yesterday I was copying a file to OMV, in the middle I loose access right after explorer crashed. I was not able to get Task manager to run, so I restated the PC and now Samba refuse my password . What do you advise me to do
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Doubts about shared folders / SMB / Firmware Update.

Typically shared folders appear as subfolders on a data drive. And yes, unless you have specific requirements, just create one shared folder. Share it with SMB/CIFS. And create subfolders from the client. No need to complicate things unnecessarily. I…
  • warhawk8080 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x ZFS section in the Storage section?.

Thread
    Can we get a ZFS specific section in the Storage section? Please I installed ZFS file system and raid on my newly build box...would like to track down or help if I can Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in…
  • KommTech -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x 1 zu 1 Kopie erstellen mit gleichem Datum.

Alles schon probiert auch rsync über Konsole, bin jetzt an dem Punkt das es mit der Einbindung des Laufwerkes über USB des Servers zu tun hat. Es läuft alles auf einem Server als VM.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread Doubts about shared folders / SMB / Firmware Update.

It is bad practice—you should not create a shared folder pointing to "/"
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry pi wifi connecting to 2.4 instead of 5ghz.

Quote from totopesce: “the router is an asus ac86u so its ac and should be able to do 5ghz. ” According to the specs it does, so the problem is down to the Pi, I found something on the Pi forum that might help as the user that maintained the Pi image is…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

How long can OMV 4 be expected to be left alive? A year?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “since OMV 5.x wasn't originally going to have an upgrade path from OMV 4.x. ” This is true. It seems to work, but there was really no intention because there were too many changes, e.g. switching from Debian network…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x 1 zu 1 Kopie erstellen mit gleichem Datum.

Als erstes würde ich dir empfehlen, die Komandoausgabe per E-Mail einzuschalten, damit man sieht, welcher Befehl tatsächlich verwendet wird. Du kannst mal die Option "-t" bei den erweiterten Optionen probieren, obwohl "Erhalte Änderungszeit"…
  • dirt -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread uninstall OMV.

Like (Post)
    apt-get remove --autoremove openmediavault will remove OMV. Things like samba should keep working but don't complain if something stops working. You won't lose any data though. OMV does not add any files. quotas might. snapraid might. But not OMV. …