Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Severe issue with openmediavault-mergerfsfolders

ryecoaaron

Cannot Restart FTP Server

ryecoaaron

HHD expansion PCIe card

gderf

"Communications with the UPS ups_localhost are lost" issue for current plugin: temporary workaround or final solution? And remote monitoring?

OMV crashing during long file copy from Windows

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Severe issue with openmediavault-mergerfsfolders.

I hate to say it but that doesn't really help. I would need to see the exact setup and resulting fstab entry. The new plugin does allow you pool any folders which can be dangerous if done incorrectly. But believe it or not, both plugins use the same…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot Restart FTP Server.

Quote from David B: “It still shows as running using these two commands as well. It's the unkillable service. ” I can't replicate this at all. I am able to start and stop it with systemctl and /etc/init.d/ (Hidden Content)
  • David B -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you are determining that it is still running by the services green indicator then that is deceiving. /etc/init.d/proftpd status is the most accurate method or grep the output of ps. ” It still shows as running using these…
  • ryecoaaron -

If you are determining that it is still running by the services green indicator then that is deceiving. /etc/init.d/proftpd status is the most accurate method or grep the output of ps.
  • David B -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While I don't use ftp, I know proftp it is still using an init script instead of systemd unit file. Try: sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd force-stop ” This does not seem to work either. After running this, the FTP server remains up.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread HHD expansion PCIe card.

There are several variations within the 9200 line. I don't know what the differences are other than if you don't need or don't want a RAID card, then don't pay extra for it. I got mine on Amazon for $59.00. The 9300 series are newer and use PCIe 3.0…
  • Meguinness -

Quote from gderf: “My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it. ” thanx , i see many on ebays , i understand that there may be clones of this card,should i look for exactly a lsi 9200 or any from the 9200…
  • gderf -

My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it.
  • Meguinness -

thanx i will look in to it , are those cards just plug and play ? will OMV detect the hard drives without need drivers to install? thanx
  • You may be looking for something a bit more polished than this but I really like my NanoPi M4 with SATA hat. The drives rest in an open 5-bay disk cage with the M4 secured on top and a Mean Well power supply (LRS-100-12) sitting down in the first…