Installing OMV5 on EUFI (J4105) - Problems I may encounter

Jozi

Two omv's

macom

Installed OMV updates - Dockers Missing

Jozi

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread install usb 16 gig/14 gig.

I don't quite understand what you mean. So you had a fully functional and updated OMV install? And then you did something wrong and you broke OMV? Once you have OMV fully installed and updated, back it up. Only then configure and add more stuff,…
  • Methy -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cant get Docker to install OMV 4.1.26-1.

Hello, as far as I understand, the docker package-(docker-ce) does not seem to be present and blocks the openmediavault-docker-gui installation openmediavault-docker-gui : Depends: docker-ce (>= 5:19.03) but it is not installable Depends: docker-ce (<…
  • Jozi -

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Installing OMV5 on EUFI (J4105) - Problems I may encounter.

Thats interesting, I wasn't aware it was compatible. I might give it a go however I'm worried about losing some settings I already had setup
  • moddx -

Replied to the thread install usb 16 gig/14 gig.

Hi; did do that got that error to kinda leave as i made vbox folder and docker folder on the 180gig drive. now issue is back to can't install 305 mb free vat?? full. and can't install updates etc. now did omv-firstaid and cleaned some shit no…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Installing OMV5 on EUFI (J4105) - Problems I may encounter.

Should not be the case. Even OMV4 supports UEFI since the 4.0.22 ISO which has been published in Mai 2019. openmediavault.org/?paged=3&page_id=1271
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

For backup of clients (Windows and Linux) I use UrBackup. Very nice tool. You can keep several backups from the past without using much disk space as only changed files will use disk space. Unchanged files are just linked.
  • Jozi -

Posted the thread Major Upgrade Installing OMV5 on EUFI (J4105) - Problems I may encounter.

Thread
    When I installed OMV4 I had a lot of issues because of my motherboard having EUFI Bios, am I going to face the same issues/problems when installing OMV5? Previous thread here: forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=192967#post192967
  • Jozi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Installed OMV updates - Dockers Missing.

I have a similar problem, for me it doesn't seem to be running at all
  • andgi -

Replied to the thread Device identification in case of same SN.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Why are the serial numbers retrieved from the USB to SATA adapter and not directly from the drive? What is the technical reason? ” That It is about what I am interesting - is there a chance to apply setting for each device…
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Two omv's.

Thanking you very much. My wife lost an excel document for some reason. It saved it blank. I think it had something to do with Windows complaining about low virtual memory. Hard disk full due to Windows backup. Fixed it now. Was thinking about two disks.…