openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there !
    Not sure this is the right spot for this thread. Move it if needed : )
    Everything is in the title : when you sort your dockers images by "Created", it only (wrongly) takes care of the number, not of the unit (days, months, years).
    In my case, I have :
    • 1 days ago
    • 1 years ago
    • 16 days ago
    • 2 days ago
    • 3 days ago
    And as you can see, it "thinks" that 2 is greater than 16.
  • New

Crashplan have just introduced a set of mandatory exclusions on both file extensions AND folder locations.
    Anything deemed as operating system related (i.e. /srv - where the OMV3 data drive gets mounted) is no longer backed up.

Reddit /r/Crashplan has various posts of "Where are my backups?" from people, and I've now started the transition to Backblaze via Duplicati (install plugin, go...)

I will add that on OMV4, the /sharedfolders folder is not excluded - so you can switch backup src location to that folder and it will work - but your file extensions might still be subjected to exclusion (i.e. any .vmdk files are now excluded and so forth).

Hopefully this saves some of you a headache :)

(Mods : depending on your view, this might want a sticky or post in a "higher?" announcement forum - I'm not sure who may be using Crashplan here - but one other guy on Reddit is clearly also an OMV user) :)
  • New

After I restart I can't ever pull up the web interface. My server is headless, so have had to attach a monitor, log in to the CLI and run 'dhclient'.
    Before that command "ip addr" shows the default local IP.
    As soon as I manually run this dhclient command, the webgui loads instantly.
    This wasn't the case until I moved the server into another room, attached to another switch (layer 2, un-managed). At that time, I also removed a graphics card and sound card. I've got to assume those are totally unrelated.

This seems weird. Any ideas?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Dockers sorting by "Created" not working well

kernel modules mismatch on raspberry pi

traumhaft

How to schedule regular copy of backup data to a USB drive

macom

Erros on Updates OMV3

hackbird

Advisory : If you use Crashplan on OMV3/4 - check your backups...

macom

Recent Activities