openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Within 10 minutes of opening port 22 on my router, Fail2ban had already blocked 7 IP. Most of them coming from China. Is it possible for fail2ban to parse through the reverse IP lookup and email the ISP (provide the IP date & time) advising them that a user is using their network to hack computer. Perhaps after receiving so many email they would take some actions.
  • New

Hallo,
    habe ein OMV-NAS mit Raid5 mit 3 Datenplatten um eine Platte erweitert. Über den Webzugriff aus Win 10 habe ich

unter Raidverwaltung ==> vergrößern und
    Dateisystem ==> Größe ändern
    die Platte in den Raidverbung eingegliedert bekommen.
    Der Speicherplatz stieg von 1,7 Tb auf 2,7Tb. Alles ok. Zustand des Raid ==> clean.
    Nur im Winows unter mein Computer wird immer noch nur 1,7Tb angezeigt.
    Habe ich da irgendetwas vergessen?
    Vielen Dank für Tips vorab.

MfG

Stephan
  • New

Hi,
    In OMV 4., whenever I change in the webUI the schedule for system backup from daily to anything else (e.g. monthly), then the usual Save + Apply, and then go back to the "Create Schedule backup job", it again show Daily. In /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, I get this:

XML Source Code

1. <backup>
    2. <sharedfolderref>723dd3b2-f9ae-464b-8ddb-99070cd01311</sharedfolderref>
    3. <method>fsarchiver</method>
    4. <root></root>
    5. <extraoptions></extraoptions>
    6. <keep>2</keep>
    7. <passwd></passwd>
    8. </backup>

Do I miss something or is it a bug? What should be the correct XML for 2 monthly backups? (I couldn't find the script reading and using that).
    Thank you!…
  • New

Hi all,

Been snooping round here for a while but first time I need help that I can't find.

I remember this video from LTT where they use Unraid to virtualise a normal desktop environment on top of the NAS: youtu.be/dpXhSrhmUXo

Is this possible and what is the best solution with OMV as have had more experience/ interest with it (using Pi4)?

Also, just to confirm, I presume will need 2 GPUs; for OMV gui & plug-ins/docker and the desktop pass through

Apologies if my terminology is wrong as well

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup: ,

Matt

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rpi4 + OMV5 + PiHole via Portainer

ozboss

MACVLAN Issues

RAID 5 failure. All drives missing

geaves

Fail2ban notification

[HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana

Shinobi

Recent Activities

• Shinobi -

Liked sveenman’s post in the thread openmediavault-drivemon.

Like (Post)
    Hi Everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but anyway. Recently I have created an OMV plugin that I was personally missing. I have my raid array on spindown (like a lot of people I think). With this plugin you can see the…
  • ozboss -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Rpi4 + OMV5 + PiHole via Portainer.

So I made a dedicated thread to this problem, as I was also having other issues (MQTT devices also losing connection to the iobroker container) and I want to get more attention to this problem.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 5 failure. All drives missing.

Quote from massimi72: “Those disks are 10 years old... the may want to rest ... in the bin ” :D I would think so :thumbup:
  • excalibure -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Fail2ban notification.

Thread
    Within 10 minutes of opening port 22 on my router, Fail2ban had already blocked 7 IP. Most of them coming from China. Is it possible for fail2ban to parse through the reverse IP lookup and email the ISP (provide the IP date & time) advising them that a…
  • Shinobi -

Liked sveenman’s post in the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Like (Post)
    Hi, So you know i have created a plugin that does this in OMV4, it is currently in the arrakis testing repo openmediavault-drivemon Hope that helps ;)
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Quote from sveenman: “Hi, So you know i have created a plugin that does this in OMV4, it is currently in the arrakis testing repo openmediavault-drivemon Hope that helps ;) ” Whaaaaaaaat? I will install it right away. Is it also possible to see which…
  • massimi72 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 5 failure. All drives missing.

Thank you very much again, though. i’m fine now, the copy is slow but proceeding. I will backup the data and and check the components. Those disks are 10 years old... the may want to rest ... in the bin :) Best, Max
  • Nas-turally -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved (Solved) Option not saved in webui for system backup.

@ryecoaaron : thank you, you are always there and so fast to answer and help. Thank you again!
  • falco2006 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Raidvergrößerung wird in Win10 nicht erkannt.

Thread
    Hallo, habe ein OMV-NAS mit Raid5 mit 3 Datenplatten um eine Platte erweitert. Über den Webzugriff aus Win 10 habe ich unter Raidverwaltung ==> vergrößern und Dateisystem ==> Größe ändern die Platte in den Raidverbung eingegliedert bekommen. Der…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved (Solved) Option not saved in webui for system backup.

Quote from Nas-turally: “Do I miss something or is it a bug? What should be the correct XML for 2 monthly backups? (I couldn't find the script reading and using that). ” The plugin ONLY creates a daily backup -