openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi all,

I built an OMV install out of an old HP 550-150qe. This came with the following items I'm carrying forward:

1. Intel i5 - 4460
    2. Hynix 8 GB (2 x 4GB) PC3L-12800
    3. Western Digital - Red 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
    4. Western Digital - Red 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

I run plex and virtualbox headless on there currently (use VM for pihole). I outgrew the motherboard when I purchased 2 X 2 TB WD Red drives a few months ago. I wanted to upgrade further with some 8 TB drives since I'm coming close to capacity (1.5 TB) and obviously ran out of SATA ports on the mobo since it only has 3. I also transplanted the motherboard into a desktop style slim case so I'm actually out of space all together. Fast forward to this week and I've made a new build:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4zKs9J

So the build above will increase my storage quite a bit. The current setup is that I have software RAID (BTRFS underlying) on the 2 X 2TB drives and all my shares located there. So the…
  • New

Hello
    You can guide me.
    I just installed OpenMediaVault for testing and I can not log in.

During setup the setup asked the password for root, I set the password "1234".

But when I try to access it via the Web Interface it returns with error over the users "admin", "admin: openmediavault", "openmediavault" and tried to enter with the user "root".

I recorded a screen cast so that you can see the problem that is presented.
    Movie in Youtube

On completion, the problem does not occur, I can quietly access Debian with the root and the password above.
  • New

I am new user to OMV. I have installed the OMV and installed as per TechnoDadLife video with no problems.
    I like to transfer files from windows 10 to and from OMV Drive A, the Win10 does not permit me to copy files to OMV.
    Questions:
    1. Best way to copy or transfer files from OMV or from Wins10?
    2.I think the former is better what plug-in do I use, or use Krusader?

Thanks.
  • New

I just setup a new OMV install but when trying to login via webgui I get this error.

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; hostname --fqdn 2>&1' with exit code '1': hostname: Name or service not known
    I've looked at other posts but they don't have an answer nothing in omv-firstaid helps so I really don't know what to change, /etc/hosts looks good though.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

REQ: Tutorial for Setting up Transmission to go through Wireguard Container with Nginx proxy

The Piwigo Challenge

TechnoDadLife

Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy

maartsurf

Docker Issue

geaves

After installation web interface does not accept login

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• TechnoDadLife -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x The Piwigo Challenge.

bau10 HansGalliker notadmin Message me your address so I can send you each a sticker.
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Radarr + Transmission docker, hardlink?.

Like (Post)
    really not sure, but lot of errors to not use well mouted (inside the docker), paths. wait other responses and do test and finally post what are the real reason, so others users can teach from you.
  • maartsurf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy.

When I'm trying to access my nextcloud docker subdomain I explicitly have to add https. When I access my omv subdomain I can just simply use omv.domain.com and this redirects automaticly to the https domain. Like I've mentioned before this isn't a big…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker Issue.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Ludakris: “server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none ” Searching the forum for the above check your system time and enable ntp.
  • homerisback -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread core Privileges and permissions explained under OMV.

Like (Post)
    Privileges and permissions explained under OMV The current guide is provided to explain how OMV controls user access to the remote shares. OMV provides in their default core four file sharing subsystems. These subsystems are: NFS Network File Sharing,…
  • homerisback -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Solutions to common problems.

Like (Post)
    Here is a list of problems with potential solutions (these videos may help as well): Problem #1: Web interface has missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled. Solution #1: Clear your browser cache. Problem #2: I mounted the drive…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker Issue.

Quote from Ludakris: “server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none ” Searching the forum for the above check your system time and enable ntp.
  • Ludakris -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker Issue.

Like (Post)
    Seems there are sveral problems mentioned in this thread. Will be better, if you describe your problem.
  • Ludakris -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker Issue.

Like (Post)
    Are you able to update OMV from the GUI? Any messages?
  • Ludakris -

Liked TechnoDadLife’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker Issue.

Like (Post)
    Have you tried restarting your server?