openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot connect to shared folder (SMB/CIFS)

Knuddeman

Network Shared folder

BUG? Performance Statistics | Disk I/O | All Graphs Missing For Disks on LSI SAS Controller 9200-8e

New NAS (NanoPi M4v2) with lvmcache some question

lusteri

I cant install OMV Extras

macom

Recent Activities

• Knuddeman -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Cannot connect to shared folder (SMB/CIFS).

Hi. I had the same problem until i found out that i missed to ad the shared folder in the SMB/CIFS meny. Hope it works out 4u forum.openmediavault.org/index…74f0df6c4b54643b3eea837d0
  • Knuddeman -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Network Shared folder.

Thread
    I have now setup my new Nas using Openmediavalut on my respbarry PI4 and it works just fine. In my home i have Another NAS, Qnap . The qnap NAS are on the same network as my Openmediavault NAS but i is not wissible on my TV as the Qnap Nas is. I have a…
  • Plugin: openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.3-1 All disks attached to my new LSI 9200-8e SAS Controller in IT mode have no graphs available (frown faced) in Disk I/O. Refreshing the graphs and using OMF First Aid to to check the RRD Databases doesn't fix it.
  • lusteri -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) New NAS (NanoPi M4v2) with lvmcache some question.

Some progress here. I was running watch lvs monitoring cache activity, i didn't remark that lvs every time it runs makes a disk access. Now the disks go to standby mode. I'm now able to browse the file system without spinning up the hdd. At the moment i…
  • macom -

Liked themagicm’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x RAID5 not mounted after upgrade.

Like (Post)
    @ananas: I wish I saw this earlier. After OMV 3.x to 4.x upgrade my RAID6 didnt show up in filesystem. I reinstalled 4.x from scratch and couldnt mount my RAID6. My previous 3.x install worked fine but stopped wanting to upgrade. So I manually did…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) I cant install OMV Extras.

And you did not get any error message? Strange
  • You can add additional arguments/options to each rsync job in the "extra options" field. Just below is also a link to the man page of rsync.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x i think i'm having an issue with sharing/permissions?.

your drives are mounted under /srv/ so the path to a media folder is something like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxxx/media
  • ozboss -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Access share from work laptop.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Maybe I didn´t get it: Do you try to connect to an OMV Samba share or to the OMV´s WebUI? In the latter case the user name is "admin" with the password which was specified during OMV installation. ” Trying to access an OMV…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

When you create a user in the GUI of OMV he is by default added to the group called "users". When you create a shared folder in the GUI of OMV the owner of that folder is "root", group is "users" with read/write rights for this group. So every user can…