openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Guten Abend,
    ich als Anfänger habe Nextcloudpi auf nem Rp3B+ am laufen. Nebenbei habe ich einen Rp3N+ mit Openmediavault am laufen. Da man ja jetzt dür die Daten selber zuständig ist wäre ein Hardwaredefekt katastrophal, deswegen möchte ich Backups auf mein Openmediavault machen mit rsync.
    Bin kompletter Anfänger und verstehe nicht wie das mit dem SSH und user autologin gemeind ist, bzw welche Greigabe ich brauch(NFS, FTP oder samba) also auf dem Openmediavault.
    Kennt jemand eine Anleitung, die ein Laie wie ich auch verstehe?
    Danke für die Hilfe im voraus.
    Mfg Schmidt
  • New

Hello, I don't speak English. I write via translator.
    I see it is a new OMV5 but as I found it has not solved the problems with BTRFS at all.
    As you can see in the attached picture, I see almost no information about the repository. Although it works and has shared folders.
    The first question is: Can I fix it to show the list correctly?
    And the second question: Can I use UDEV or something else to set up hard disk names (sdaa, sdab, sdba, sdbb) for easier organization.
    And please for specific advice, not a link to the archwiki.
    I've been looking for a long time, and I've never found anything serious.
    I am an old MS Windows user and I chose OMV because Windows Home Server is out of date.

Thank you all for your advice :)
  • New

Hi all
    I plan in the next few days moving from an old r710 to a custom server I ambuilding. I plan to use OMV as my main Platform.
    I plan to move over 6 x 2tb disks all ran from SATA 3 with out HW raid.

What options are best suited ?

I will also have 2 x 128gb NVME drivethat I have that may be usable for Cache if needed.
  • New

I'm re-purposing a PC for OMV with all flash storage and 10Gbe. Data disks are occupying all the SATA ports on the ASRock Industrial IMB-181-L motherboard, with a 4 port 10Gbe NIC in the PCIE slot....so no SATA expansion options for an OS disk. The board has external USB 3.0 but only USB 2.0 internally. I'm doing this project with parts I had on hand, and I'm trying to determine the best place to put the OS with what I've got.

Normally, I'd go with an internal USB 2.0 solution and Flash Media Plugin, because its physically tidy without any wires. But, with all flash storage and four 10GBe ports, I don't know if the OS on USB 2.0 would have any impact? Here's what I have on hand to work with, any advice appreciated!

1. 16GB USB 2.0 Industrial DOM on an internal header
    2. 32GB USB 3.0 flash drive externally
    3. 120GB Flash Drive in an external USB 3.0 enclosure
    4. Install the OS to one of the Data Disks and re-partition after the install.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Why should you use or not use dockers

henfri

Multiple USB 3 drives on a Pi 4

riprazor

Can't install Docker nor Plex plugin: "you have held broken packages"

jackster

Software Raid Options ?

ryecoaaron

Rsync von Nextcloud auf OMV

Recent Activities

• Quote from @crashtest: “includes Openmediavault as 3rd party software. (I think it's under the "Softy" menu selection ” yes it does. Just did it this morning.
  • Lor3 -

Now follows TechnoDadLife.

Follow
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.

For Wireguard one does not need docker, I would say. But a UI would be nice. Did you see my script on wireguard on OMV?
  • riprazor -

Replied to the thread Multiple USB 3 drives on a Pi 4.

I am going to be adding a several other drives which I will start as Linux drives and then convert the others. Very much appreciate the quick response and direction!
  • jackster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't install Docker nor Plex plugin: "you have held broken packages".

Quote from geaves: “Quote from jackster: “But that didn't help either, in fact could those steps have been what messed it all up? ” Highly probable, if this is a new clean install I suggest you start again, it's less hassle than trying to resolved…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Multiple USB 3 drives on a Pi 4.

Quote from riprazor: “Hi Ryecoaaron. I just checked under File System and yes to both. They are ntfs and both have the label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive". I assume that is the problem? Not sure how I change the label. Appreciate the guidance. I can slap…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Software Raid Options ?.

Quote from mroz: “Is there any gain in proformance ? ” No. It performs the same as a single drive but you save a lot of energy and you only lose files on the drive if a drive fails (without snapraid and/or backup anyway).
  • daschmidt94 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Rsync von Nextcloud auf OMV.

Thread
    Guten Abend, ich als Anfänger habe Nextcloudpi auf nem Rp3B+ am laufen. Nebenbei habe ich einen Rp3N+ mit Openmediavault am laufen. Da man ja jetzt dür die Daten selber zuständig ist wäre ein Hardwaredefekt katastrophal, deswegen möchte ich Backups…
  • RDan -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS and UDEV.

Thread
    Hello, I don't speak English. I write via translator. I see it is a new OMV5 but as I found it has not solved the problems with BTRFS at all. As you can see in the attached picture, I see almost no information about the repository. Although it works and…
  • Dear "crashtest" & dear "Agricola! I suspected today, that my apache, node red, sqlite and mosquitto installations are conflicting with the installation of openmediavault. So I have installed Debian from the scratch and managed straight to install…