The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

MACVLAN Issues

wookash

OMV Migration to a new boot device

Adoby

Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=5, column=6)

Adoby

borgbackup UI error "Failed to execute Path Query"

rrd problem?

madoasp

Recent Activities

• wookash -

Replied to the thread MACVLAN Issues.

Quote from Ageassia: “Quote from wookash: “hi, I'm on omv 4, kernel 4.19.97. how do I upgrade to the newer kernel? ” Just type sudo rpi-update in the terminal. When it's done, sudo reboot to reboot the system. After that, the updated kernel should be…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV Migration to a new boot device.

The most straight forward way would be to document any special users, groups, shares, services, settings or configurations, perhaps by using screen dumps. Then turn off the system and disconnect the raid. Then install OMV to the correct location and…
  • Just a friendly reminder for future reference: Make sure you have a clone or backup of the root filesystem before you try hacking it. And before you manually edit/modify a configuration file, make sure that you make a backup copy of it. Then it is very…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to a comment by balz333 on KM0201’s wall.

Wall Reply
    You put the same post in two different subs...choose the most appropriate sub and put your post there. Posting multiple times is frowned upon.

Your post is not a storage question, as that pertains to the actual storage drives, not migrating to a new os…
  • Hi, I deleted the noexec by follwing this guide and afterward I got this error "Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=5, column=6)" Is there anyway to fix it? If not can you point me to a guide where I can do…
  • madoasp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rrd problem?.

Hi together, I'm running in the same problem, but unfortunately I dont't have any start-stop-daemon.REAL in my sbin directory :/ root@xxxx:/sbin# ls start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon root@xxxx:/sbin# Any advice :/...? Or would someone be so kind to…
  • balz333 -

Wrote a comment on KM0201’s wall.

Wall Comment
    You have deleted my posting with the comment "dup". Then tell me please where should be the other posting with exactly the same question. This would be fair instread of silent delete.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker.

The certs are stored in the config folder of the letsencrypt docker. Best check the documentation. I have no knowledge about ftp in docker.
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker.

How can i use the cert i got from the letsencrypt docker, to use it with the ftp plugin? With the plugin i could just select it, but now i dont see any available Would a ftp docker in general make more sense or offer other benefits?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

Have you tried with the default settings for SMB, instead of your custom? I don't know if that would help, but it might? And it should be very easy to test. Make sure to reboot after changing anything. I would expect you to get much closer to the…