Permissons hickup

• Hey Ho!

I "moved" my shares from smb to nfs. Now I have troubles with permissions. I just set the folder permission of the share (rw) and none at user level.

The problem is that I use the same folders I had before with smb and there is still permissions on the folder. I didn't made a "reset" of the permissions yet - because I don't no where.

What I figured out playing with the nfs share:

• PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1)
    • PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1

-> For Folder X User1 can manual set the permissions for all users to rw. Then PC2 has access.

• PC2: Creating Folder Y (Owner:nobody)
    • PC1: Checking Folder Y Owner -> User2

-> For Folder Y it's not possible to change the permissions. PC1 can't write in this folder.

So my questions are: How to reset all the permissions of my folders that I'm able to read&write them all. And the other one is: How can I achieve no permission trouble's in the future?

I found this one relating to the second question:

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von username ()

• Running: Shared Folders -> Reset Permissions

Code
    Changing owner to root:users ...
    Change directory permissions to 2775 ...
    Change file permissions to 664 ...
    Done...

Does a good job resetting the permissoions. I just don't know if I should hit [ ] 'Clear all ACL's'. But who knows...

For all new files/folders the following problem still exists :thumbdown:

What I figured out playing with the nfs share:

• PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1)
    • PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1

-> For Folder X User1 can manual set the permissions for all users to rw. Then PC2 has access.

• PC2: Creating Folder Y (Owner:nobody)
    • PC1: Checking Folder Y Owner -> User2

-> For Folder Y it's not possible to change the permissions. PC1 can't write in this folder.

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:

• Intellectual property! Done ;)

• nobody? really?

maybe I should work on my politeness :huh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!