NFS Clearing

• I have some problems with the syntax for enabling more than one client to access a folder.

For examaple my Raspberry has the following IP xxx.xxx.xxx.157 everything works fine. But how can I add a second client to have access?

xxx.xxx.xxx.157/162? Is this syntay right to allow access for two clients?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably want to give the entire lan access? Follow the note. Not sure what your first three octets are but if they are 192.168.1 then you should probably use 192.168.1.0/24.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

xxx.xxx.xxx.157/162? Is this syntay right to allow access for two clients?

Is not correct they should be comma separated. This was introduced in omv3 only, and unfortunately doesn't work since the mkconf will parse the option as this to exports file

/export/Videos 10.10.10.1,10.10.10.3(fsid=1,rw,subtree_check,secure)

and the correct should be

/export/Videos 10.10.10.1(fsid=1,rw,subtree_check,secure) 10.10.10.3(fsid=1,rw,subtree_check,secure)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is not correct they should be comma separated. This was introduced in omv3 only, and unfortunately doesn't work since the mkconf will parse the option as this to exports file

Most people really don't need to limit connections to two hosts anyway. So, might as well specify the entire range.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @subzero79
    then if I only want to limit the access to 2 clients then the right syntax is 192.168.1.157,162 ?

@ryecoaaron
    so if I want to use more clients I can use range? 192.168.1.150/170 ?

Can I edit those entrys direct in OMV or is it necessary to make this direct in a putty session?

• Offizieller Beitrag

then if I only want to limit the access to 2 clients then the right syntax is 192.168.1.157,162 ?

no, needs to be explicit 192.168.1.157,192.168.1.162

but as i told it doesn't work, the mkconf doesn't parse the syntax correctly, two options leave it empty or manually edit the /etc/exports file then reload the server and don't make any changes in nfs at omv. This has to be corrected but i don't know when.

cc @votdev

so if I want to use more clients I can use range? 192.168.1.150/170 ?

That's a range subnet in cidr format that nfs understand, but it doesn't work as easy as you write it. Read here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing

look online for subnet calculator

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!