Syncthing suddenly using wrong "sharedfolders"

    • OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Syncthing suddenly using wrong "sharedfolders"

      Hi

      First I'll explain my setup. I have an Odroid HC2 with a 1TB drive in the SATA slot and a 3TB external drive in the USB slot. I use the 1TB drive for shared folders and this backups to the 3TB with rsync, I use Syncthing to keep the 1TB drive synced with my Windows desktop which also runs Syncthing. I also share the folders on the 1TB with SMB and that all works fine.

      My problem is with Syncthing running on my Odroid.

      I had everything working great and I had a power outage. When I rebooted my HC2, all the synced folders had "stopped" with the error message "folder marker missing". I looked in the folders on the 1TB drive using SMB from my laptop and all the marker files are there.

      The Odroid runs OMV off of an SD card and it seems Syncthing has forgotten that the shared folders are on the 1TB drive and it now is trying to access them from the "sharedfolders" directory on the SD card and of course there is no marker files here. I have tried removing a folder and re-adding it but it again starts using the small SD card and created the folder there and is not seeing that it is actually on the 1TB drive.

      SMB works fine and still references the correct 1TB drive where all my files area located.

      It's as if Syncthing does not know how to use the blind links?

      I've been at this all day and I'm stumped.

      UPDATE. If I use the folder paths from SRV then syncthing is working again.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by william777 ().

    • subzero79 wrote:

      Maybe it has to do with this

      Shared Folders all empty after reboot


      Also you shouldn’t be using sharedfolders path for services.
      This looks very similar, my sharedfolders were not populated so that stumped Syncthing. I'm using srv now and everything is working fine. I have noticed now the the sharedfolders area populated again but I don't know why as I never done anything further. I guess there is no 100% guarantee that the sharedfolders will always be populated so that's why the advice is to use srv for services. Thanks for the response.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by william777 ().