Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?

• Hi all,
    new at your forum and new at OMV but i see many things that i would like to try.
    I want to install Nextcloud at OMV 4.x but i have got comfused.....so many videos so many guides and i do not know which to try....could somebody give me a guide or video thats sure works so not to spend my time and to be sure that it will work?
    Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nextcloud install requires a custom bridge network to connect the four requisite containers. OMV 4 is a bit of a problem right now because creating a custom network is no longer possible using the docker GUI.

I haven’t done it in OMV 4, but I think if you have docker compose installed you can create a custom bridge network via command line that you can then select via the docker GUI.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Should i try OMV 3.x for better solution? because i tried

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    but i get error that nextcloud data is visible from all and i tried to change folder perimitions but still got the same problem

• Should i try OMV 3.x for better solution? because i tried

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    but i get error that nextcloud data is visible from all and i tried to change folder perimitions but still got the same problem

OMV 3 is well beyond end of life, and not supported.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi two times i did Tecno Dad's Life guide and two times i get this error *Your data directory is readable by other usersPlease change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.* where is my mistake?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!