BeeLink T4 makes a nice OMV NAS

• Just a note so others will know, I recently purchased a BeeLink T4 MiniPC on sale for $110 to obtain the Windows 10 license to upgrade a desktop system. Conveniently my XU4 board died a couple of weeks later and I quickly put together a OMV5 build on the BeeLink and I must say, it really runs quite well so far. I even got temperature sensors working with a bit of hacking.

• Offizieller Beitrag

obtain the Windows 10 license to upgrade a desktop system

Did it really come with a non-OEM Windows license?? If it was OEM, you can't move that to a different system. Just sayin...

I even got temperature sensors working with a bit of hacking.

And what do the temps look like on that? I assume you are connecting usb drive(s)?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• have a different Beelink - with my one there is a BIOS setting you can toggle power on after power restoration or not.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note so others will know, I recently purchased a BeeLink T4 MiniPC on sale for $110 to obtain the Windows 10 license to upgrade a desktop system.

Just a note to let you know:

If you have Windows 7 or 8, you can update to Win10 for -> free. I did an on-line upgrade earlier this year. While I haven't done anything in the last few months, I believe the free upgrade is still on-going.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!