New to OMV on Pi 4 4gb. Getting errors when trying to install Docker. After install the OMV gui on the docker tab shows "Installed and not running

• Let me start by saying I am pretty new to OMV and linux based commands, but I have so far been able to set up OMV and get everything running except for Docker on my PI 4 4gb model (I believe it is OMV 4.X but can't remember and can't figure out where to find that info on the gui) I installed OMV and have been using my NAS successfully for about a month now. I finally got some time off of work tonight and went in to install Docker, but Every time I try to install docker It fails with an error that says something about "issues when installing : docker -ce. I have tried installing through the OMV gui and through SSH using Putty, but to no avail. I think it has something to do with the folder paths, but not certain. I found a couple of postings in the forum where others were having the same issue, but I was unable to fix mine by following the advice and commands of the threads (

If there is anyone that would have the patience to help out a noob like me It would be greatly appreciated. I am computer savvy, but I am able to follow directions well and usually I am a quick learner.

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would do a fresh start with OMV5. It is not announced stable but it is used by many users already. The docker plugin is not available on OMV5 anymore. It has been replaced by Portainer.

Here is how to install OMV5 on RPi (and other devices).

Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!