"Communication error" for every change to Service Discovery options

• I am using a fresh installation of OMV 1.0.31 x64.

After the installation succeeded, I installed the netatalk plugin. Even though there was an error message after activating it ("cnid_metadcnid_metad is already running"), it worked and I can access my afp shares. However, I want to enable the service discovery for AFP as well.

I activated AFP in "Service Discovery", a red triangle appeared next to the checkbox and nothing happened. After some time, a message "communication failure" appears. This happens for every change in Service Discovery options, not limited to AFP.

After looking through the config.xml of OMV, I found no afp-related entry in the <zeroconf> section. Adding it manually makes the changes of state or name appear in the Web Interface, but I still don't get Service Discovery.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was able to reproduce the 'cnid_metadcnid_metad is already running' issue. To me it seems to be a bug in the 'cnid_metad' command. I was able to reproduce this the following way:

Code
    # invoke-rc.d --force netatalk stop
    Stopping Netatalk Daemons: afpd cnid_metad papd timelord atalkd.
    # ps ax | grep cnid
     2945 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep cnid
    # ls -alh /var/run/cnid*
    ls: cannot access /var/run/cnid*: No such file or directory
    # /usr/sbin/cnid_metad -l log_note
    cnid_metad is already running (pid = 2741), or the lock file is stale.
    # ls -alh /var/run/cnid*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 Nov  4 05:49 /var/run/cnid_metad.pid

So this is no OMV problem in general.

• I have the same error when I active too.

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'netatalk' start 2>&1': Starting Netatalk services (this will take a while): cnid_metadcnid_metad is already running (pid = 6156), or the lock file is stale. invoke-rc.d: initscript netatalk, action "start" failed.

How to fix the problem?

thanks !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!