Slow 1Gb

• My first post.
    I come as a novice with Ubuntu and FreeNAS backgrounds.
    I have changed my home NAS from Ubuntu 12.0.4.x/Webmin to OMV. I've noticed that my 1Gb connection is getting 18MBps with OMV, but I was getting 55MBps+ with Ubuntu.Is there anything else I need to do to get better transfer speeds?

Thanks!

• I tried to back-rev the kernel and I get the following:

Updating...
    Install backports 3.16 kernel and headers
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    linux-base is already the newest version.
    initramfs-tools is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 51 not upgraded.
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    E: Unable to locate package linux-image-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486'
    E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-3.16.0-0.bpo.4-486'

What now?

• Blublub...I dont' understand.
    I've not changed any default NIC parameters so I don't see how Jumbo frames could have been turned on.
    Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks!

• Blublub...I dont' understand.
    I've not changed any default NIC parameters so I don't see how Jumbo frames could have been turned on.
    Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks!

Nope I would turn them on to test if that speeds it up. But if the setup is the same as before and you did not user JBF on Ubuntu that should not be the cause.

• Did you setup your dns server properly??? In stoneburner you need to edit your nic to add this. I don't see why you are not finding those packages if you dns server and search domain is setup.

dns server= should be your router ip
    search domain= 8.8.8.8

in command line:
    apt-get update
    omv-update

• Hey All,

If you'd rather I started my own thread, not a problem, but as I am experiencing similar problems to the OP and my Google searches brought me here, I thought it would be nice to add.

First, I am about as newb a Linux user as you can get...but I am not technically uninclined; I can follow instruction as needed, but they must be explicit...please don't take for granted I understand what any of you are talking about! ;)

My issue is a little simpler: No configuration or hardware changes...all I did was upgrade from OMV v1.19 to v2.1 and my file transfer speeds went from 100-110MB/s consistently on v1.19 down to a max speed of 36MB/s on v2.1 (now at 2.1.5.1, but no change in speeds).

I have already switched to Backports Kernel 3.16 to no avail...

I suppose I got lucky with my initial setup of OMV 1.x "just working" as it should!

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated...need any info, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks to all in advance!

-Paul

• I've not had any time to look into my issue, but it looks like I wont' need to.
    I'm not sure which update would have fixed my slow speeds, but I'm getting 50+MBps now.
    Good things come to those that wait!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!