Plex Media Server

• username and password correct, tried to login from Plex website account works created a new one and tried to login same msg, now cannot access the plex from local machine lol. can i pm you?

• Hi tekkbebe, I wasn't able to see the DLNA from Bubble UPNP on my tablet. I restarted my OpenMediaVault server and I was able to see it after. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks.

• tekkbebe,

Thinking of upgrading OMV to 0.5 My question is will this procedure work for it as well?

• Zitat von "DaveVM"

tekkbebe,

Thinking of upgrading OMV to 0.5 My question is will this procedure work for it as well?

Not getting you Dave. What procedure? If you are using a lot of plugins I would probably wait to upgrade to .5.

Plex Media Server is not a plugin and the upgrade should not have an effect on it. This situation above was damn weird. When he was trying to login the Plex Media Server web interface it was asking him to login, which you normally don't have to do on your lan. The time differential between his windows machine and his omv made it seem that he was accessing remotely. No one has ever has this issue.

• Your procedure/tutorial to install PlexMediaServer (PMS - is just so wrong) was what I was referring.

After reading about the upgrade path to 0.5. I am planning to wait a while. Though I do have my trusted Clonezilla. Hmmm....

• Yeah, this tutorial should work fine on .5 omv as it is still Debian Squeeze. It should work fine on Wheezy as well. They have changed location of the repo file on plex forums. I will probably update the tutorial here to adjust for that but it doesn't matter if the repo is in:

/etc/apt/sources.list
    or
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list

Christian just created a repo file and put the repo there.

PS- PMS, haha, I did not make up the name or the acronym. maybe some foreign developers of the project need to learn what pms means in english... :lol: :lol:
    PPS- That is what they call it all the time on plex forums.

Premenstrual syndrome YIKES

• The meaning is the same in german too... ;)

Greetings
    David

PS: Maybe they call it so because they all use it for theire wifes :lol:

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi,

I post my issue here as my issue is related to this post, just I hope this post is monitored.

Today in OMV 0.5.6 I found there was an update for the Plex Media Server, when I checked via the update manager.
    I did the update and it appeared to be successful, but the PMS was never re-started despite after the installation process was completed and the status was indicated to "start = done" in the installation pop-up window then the PMS is not started.

When I give the following commands; their responses are:
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status = It seems that Plex Media Server isn't running (no process found)
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop = Plex Media Server is not running (no process found)...
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start = Starting Plex Media Server: done (but the PMS is not started as the status command given after gives the same response as above), the "restart" command results in the same response as for the "start" command.

I do not see any info from the web gui logs...

Appreciate feedbacks as up to today the PMS worked super under OMV 0.5.x, my setup/installation is as per instructions in post by tekkbebe.

Cheers Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• Something must have happened on the upgrade. I just did mine and all was well. Do this:

apt-get remove plexmediaserver
    apt-get install plexmediaserver

It should not mess with your settings. If it does not start automatically do as you did above:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

• Hi tekkbebe,

Yes; that did the trick. Thanks!

Any log file or other file I can search for to try to uncover why this happened?

BR// Steen

CPU Atom D510, 2MB RAM, SSD 40GB (OS), SSD 120GB (Data), OMV 0.5.8 (Sardaukar) + Plex Media Server

• Hi, tried to install PlexMediaServer on my OMV 0.5.8 Machine.
    So far so good. It seems to work and I can access Plex via the webgui and can see the plex service with various dlna devices.

But: It seems that Plex have no access to my files.
    The plex libaries are still empty.
    Can someone please explain me how I have to configure OMV and Plex to get access to my media files?

Oh, and I made a typo/misspelling when I add the plex repository to the package list.
    Now I get a warning message every time I try to update my package list.
    How can i delete the wrong repositorys?

• Zitat von "CM000n"

How can i delete the wrong repositorys?

Code
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list

And fix the typos.

Maybe reinstall Plex

Code
    dpkg --purge plexmediaserver
    apt-get update
    apt-get install plexmediaserver

You did install curl first also before adding the key? If not then just do the guide again after running "dpkg --purge plexmediaserver"

Also realy recomend using SSH throu putty so you can copy and paste from remote pc.

• To fix the typo all you have to do is use nano and edit the file. Once the file is edited and saved do:
    apt-get update

On plex not being able to see your media tell me how you setup your shared folders????? He should not have to reinstall plex to fix this issue. He is probably setting up his shared folders in a way that it is not working correctly with plex. Most likely just needs to chmod -R 775 the shared folder. But we should analyze how he is creating his shared folders so he can correct what he is doing. The default perm for a shared folder in OMV normally is 775 which is all plex user needs to read the files.

PS- If you noticed my edits I'm just waking up... :lol: :lol:

• MyPlex connect server:- I've just updated plex, and now I've lost connectivity to plex from my phone etc. this was working before, so I don't know if it's a Plex issue, or OMV upgrade issues. Any advice on how to get this to connect again? (No network changes recently)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!