installer 0.4 issue hangs

• so on 64 bit installer for 0.4 it hangs at the "attempting boot from Cd-rom ISOLINUX 4.02 Debian " screen

I have tried multiple downloads and burns and also tried 0.3 which works fine on the same box ..
    Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Turn off your serial port in the bios and try.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't login as admin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Has to be admin for the web interface. Use root for ssh/command line.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "votdev"

You can use the 0.3.x ISO and upgrade via the

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

command.

This is a good solution for now (it's what I did), but.. what happens when .3 is gone? I never had a problem booting Linux ISO's, but .4 gave me the same problem as the OP.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Only the admin user can be admin to the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't. It is already created. Default password for admin is openmediavault.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You can't. It is already created. Default password for admin is openmediavault.

IMO... this is one area where OMV's website is way less than clear, and probably needs a little bit of shuffling.

If you go to openmediavault.org and click "Download", you are presented with an option to Download the images (which takes you directly to the ISO images). Or creating a USB stick. The "create a USB" link takes you to the "Instructions". On that page, is how to setup a USB, install from USB, AND mentions the username/password to log into the web interface. If someone is going to install by burning a CD, it's very easy to miss this information, as there is simply no reason for them to click on the "create a USB" link.

In my opinion... the website should be done a little differently(an example as follows)..

When you click "Download" from openmediavault.org ... You'll be taken to the "instructions" page. The instructions page as it stands now, is fine. The login instructions for both the webUI and the ssh/console, are clearly identified in the "Login instructions" section. I would simply add a section on "Where to Download" the images directly from the instructions page. That way, assuming they read the whole page, they'll know what the username/password for the webUI is no matter what type of installation media you intend to use.

I've noticed this coming up more and more here lately, and it's almost always been someone who was installing from a CD.

Just a thought.

• Great suggestion by KM0201 ..

now that I am in how do I do the omv-release-upgrade? I figured it might be under update manager but that does not seem to have it
    Thanks again,
    John

• Offizieller Beitrag

John

You can do one of two things.

1. If you still have a keyboard and display hooked to your NAS, you can log in as root, and
    do these commands (one at a time):
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    omv-release-upgrade

Or

If the machine you're using has Windows, you'll need to download "putty" (note just the "putty.exe" from the links below is fine... It doesn't actually install anything as I recall, it just runs straight from the .exe)
    32bit: http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html
    64bit: https://blog.splunk.net/wp/64bit-putty/

Use your server's IP address, username root and then connect to your server. (it may ask you to save a "fingerprint" choose yes), then enter your root password. Once you're logged in, you'll be at the prompt, just like you were sitting in front of your machine.

Run the 3 commands just like above.

Hope that helps.

• One of the points for me to struggle was really how to upgrade from OMV 0.3 to 0.4. I believe this should be more dominant on the webpage too.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "SerErris"

One of the points for me to struggle was really how to upgrade from OMV 0.3 to 0.4. I believe this should be more dominant on the webpage too.

Well, but then you're getting deeper into "documentation". You don't want to overwhelm simple installation instructions. I agree that's good info to have, but that simply goes back to OMV suffering a lack of documentation.

Fortunately there's (now) a few stickies here in the forum that tell you how to upgrade.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!