OpenVPN Plugin not Listed on Raspberry Pi OMV Installation

• I am currently in the process of moving my OMV server from an old, power-hungry computer to a Raspberry Pi. One of the plugins that I run from my server is the OpenVPN-AS plugin. Obviously, I want to move the VPN to the Raspberry Pi as well, but my "Plugins" tab does not have the OpenVPN plugin listed as an option even though I have enabled the VPN repository in the OMV-Extras.org tab.

What is the problem? Why is the repository not listed?

• The big difference is you can only use 2 users at a time with the OpenVPN AS plugin. For most of us this is not an issue. But if you want more than 3 users to be able to connect to the VPN you should use the OpenVPN plugin. The other main difference, mentioned already, is that the OpenVPN AS does not work on ARM devices.

• Okay. I installed OpenVPN on my Pi using this video, which is wonderful, but it does not explain how to generate the OVPN config file for the user, nor does it explain how to use custom TCP and UDP ports. Could someone please assist me with that?

I have the "keys" folder that he has at the end which contains all of the files he uses to connect, but I am using the OpenVPN client for Windows.

• Installing usually goes ok. Enabling and getting it to work is another problem. I don't use openvpn but I just have read about the problems. We took the plugin out of the armhf repo because of the problems. Don't remember exact details.

omv 6.0.27-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.0.9 | kvm 6.1.12 | mergerfs 6.1.1 | zfs 6.0.9
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Very well. I can tell you that I have not had any problems. I just finished setting it up.

Successfully connected my laptop to the server, and running a speed test through it right now.

I have a question about the plugin. Is it possible to port forward through both TCP and UDP instead of just one or the other?

Also, is there a way I could connect to the repository, but only for this one plugin so that I receive updates for it when they are pushed?

• Pretty sure there won't be any updates for OMV 2.x. The OMV 3.x version is in the armhf repo.

omv 6.0.27-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.0.9 | kvm 6.1.12 | mergerfs 6.1.1 | zfs 6.0.9

• No idea :)

• If you are worried about using standard ports one thing I do is open a non-standard port on my router and port forward it to the standard port on my OMV. I always keep standard ports on my OMV. Just makes it easier.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!