Upgrade to 3 - Everything was working, but now receiving 502 Bad Gateway!

• Hi there, I upgraded OMV2 to 3 using omv-release-upgrade. I had a couple of issues with some unsupported plugins, however, after searching the forums, figured out how to uninstall them and I could login just fine. Since then, I installed all of the updates and have been cleaning up my data.

I just rebooted and I receive the 502 Gateway error. However, I can login via SSH and into Webmin just fine. The output from dpkg -l | grep openm is:

Everything has come to a standstill so if anyone can help me through this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• Offizieller Beitrag

keyring 1.0 is the latest version and isn't a plugin.

try:
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5fpm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php5-fpm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Thanks for the response. Upon executing the second command, I receive the following error:

Code
    ERROR: The script '/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/php5pm' does not exist

Upon executing the last command, I receive the following:

Code
    Job for php5-fpm.service failed. See 'systemctl status php5-fpm.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

I presume the service cannot restart as it doesn't exist right? Thoughts?

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• I'm really trying to figure this out but unfortunately my knowledge is very limited. I executed: ps aux | grep php

Output: root 1791 0.0 0.0 12728 2156 pts/0 S+ 19:59 0:00 grep php

So I guess the process is running. But for some reason, I can't restart the process. I also don't know how to 'see' systemct1 status php-fpm.service; or journalctl -xn

I'm running out of ideas here..

• Offizieller Beitrag

i had a typo in fpm command since i am typing on my phone. I edited my post. try the commands again

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• The first 3 commands executed fine; however, I still get the same error message after executing the last command:

Code
    Job for php5-fpm.service failed. See 'systemctl status php5-fpm.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of the commands it tells you to look at for details?

• My linux knowledge is quite basic - how do I retrieve those details?

Thanks

• What is the output of the commands it tells you to look at for details?

Okay.. I've figured out how to reveal the status of those files:

For journalctl -xn:

For php5-fpm:

Interestingly, in the second output - there is a reference to the user 'extplorer'. I deleted this user from WebUI since I uninstalled the plugin in OMV3. I'm not sure whether this is related to the issue that I am having.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like the extplorer pool is still there.

rm -f /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-extplorer-site.conf /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/openmediavault-extplorer-site.conf

Then execute the commands I posted above again.

• Success! Thanks again, much appreciated!

• Hi
    I've read whole thread as i have very similar problem: i have perform omv upgrade to 3.x and have 502 bad gateway. I did :

Code
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php5pm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php5-fpm

but last command return errors:

Code
    root@Santiago:~# systemctl restart php5-fpm

and then:

I assume that problem is with "ERROR: [pool 6f6fec40-5f56-4564-a9ea-ae7617405449] please specify user and group other than root" but i have no idea where and which user should i change ? Could you please help ?

• I personally had several issues when I upgraded from 2.x to 3.x. My issues were resolved when I did a fresh install of 3.x. I'm sure that the issues could be fixed one at a time, but in retrospect - it was much, much quicker (and less stressful) to do a fresh install.

• I know but i have also many others services on this machine and i dont like to reinstall whole stuff :/ Additionally i feel that i am very close to finish this upgrade successfully if i could manage to overcome mentioned above problem.

EDIT:
    okay, i edited /lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service :
    ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php5-fpm --allow-to-run-as-root --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.confand added "--allow-to-run-as-root" which enabled me to restart php5-fm.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know but i have also many others services on this machine and i dont like to reinstall whole stuff

Good thing we don't use Redhat/CentOS.

EDIT:
    okay, i edited /lib/systemd/system/php5-fpm.service :
    ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php5-fpm --allow-to-run-as-root --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.confand added "--allow-to-run-as-root" which enabled me to restart php5-fm.

This is a bad idea and avoids fixing the problem. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Hi
    I managed to get webgui working (i had to uninstall some plugins, even omvextras) but apparently i have some popup with error :

Outputof dpkg -l | grep openm :

What do you suggest to should be done with php5-fm error insted of starting it with root user ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your error is probably caused the the nginx plugin not updating config.xml properly. I would change the field user to username in the phpfpm section of the nginx plugin.

• Where can i find this section (phpfm) in nginx plugin ? I have installed nextcloud before upgrade, it was and it is working but i cannot edit nor add new pool in nginx plugin via webgui because of this error. Could you please give me a hint where can i repair it ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!