pm-hibernate works, but autoshutdown doesnt

• I recently upgraded from OMV 2.x to OMV 3.0.59. The upgrade went smoothly but autoshutdown isn't hibernating like it used to. I can run pm-hibernate manually, and the box hibernates as expected, so it isn't a kernel or some other issue. Also, if I change the shutdown command from hibernate to shutdown, then box powers off as expected. It's something specific to hibernation.

Looking at the log, I can see the pm-hibernate command get issued, I see processes restarting, so I'm kind of at a loss.

• My final problem was that after a shutdown, autoshutdown would die, and fail to restart. I believe I fixed that by creating an /etc/monit/conf.d/autoshutdown that contains

Code
    check process autoshutdown MATCHING autoshutdown.sh
       group root
       start program = "/etc/init.d/autoshutdown start"
       stop program = "/etc/init.d/autoshutdown stop"
       depend autoshutdown_bin

check file autoshutdown_bin with path /usr/sbin/autoshutdown.sh
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is because when you're using the systemd to shutdown, with that the pm hook script that relaunches the daemon after suspend/hibernate no longer gets executed. I think as a plugin this needs to be corrected, systemd provides a folder for this kind of script.

Someone else is going to have to take over maintaining this plugin. I don't use it and really can't test it in a VM. There also has been a lot of updates to the script that autoshutdown was based on. Guessing some of it needs to be ported to the OMV version.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Works for me.

Code
    check process autoshutdown MATCHING autoshutdown.sh
       group root
       start program = "/bin/systemctl restart autoshutdown.service"
       stop program = "/bin/systemctl stop autoshutdown.service"
       depend autoshutdown_bin

check file autoshutdown_bin with path /usr/sbin/autoshutdown.sh

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!