would ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC be OK?

• hi, i'm bulding my first NAS. would this motherboard (ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC) be OK? i don't care about the wifi. i just can not find if it's supported.

cheers!
    tomaz

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would think OMV 3.x with the 4.8 kernel would work on it. Can't find anyone that has mentioned using Linux on it though. Intel network adapters are most likely going to work. If you put the system to sleep, that might be an area that could have issues.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• not sure why you want to buy an h270,what does it offer more then the h170?
    If you want to avoid compatibility problems I suggest you to go with the h170, I don't think that there is any import difference :)

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• it was mainly a budget & size question. i couldn't get a mini MB for a good price... i hope it will work, i should get it running next week.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

• Glad I found this thread - I'm also building my first OMV NAS with this same motherboard. I was considering an i3-6100T at first, but when looking at prices, an i3-7100T was actually cheaper. Found this motherboard to match the CPU, and since it has 6 SATA ports, seemed like a good fit for the Fractal Design Node 304 case I settled on.

Hopefully, I will have the same success as you this weekend when I can really dig into getting things set up!

• Glad I found this thread - I'm also building my first OMV NAS with this same motherboard. I was considering an i3-6100T at first, but when looking at prices, an i3-7100T was actually cheaper. Found this motherboard to match the CPU, and since it has 6 SATA ports, seemed like a good fit for the Fractal Design Node 304 case I settled on.

Hopefully, I will have the same success as you this weekend when I can really dig into getting things set up!

I am considering to build another OMV, too. Is there any specific reason you prefer i3-7100T to i3-7100?

• Just wanted to report that I was also successful at installing OMV with the 3.0.58 ISO. After install, it was able to update to the latest version without any issues.

The only thing I have not gotten working is the wireless, but that is more likely due to the fact that I have never set up wireless on Linux before. Not a big deal - the 2 gigabit connections will be plenty sufficient for my needs right now.

• I am considering to build another OMV, too. Is there any specific reason you prefer i3-7100T to i3-7100?

My reasoning was simply that this machine will be running 24/7, and we have a light usage profile, so a lower power CPU would be the smarter choice. The most demanding task for this machine is going to be 1 or 2 Plex transcodes at a time, so the i3-7100T seemed like the ideal blend of performance and energy savings.

• not sure why you want to buy an h270,what does it offer more then the h170?
    If you want to avoid compatibility problems I suggest you to go with the h170, I don't think that there is any import difference :)

I think h270 is important if you want to use a kaby lake chip out of the box.

• That's true, but i had a lot of problems with h170 :/ hope you're more lucky than me!

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I'm running a G4560 on this motherboard and it runs awesome. G4560 is a nice cpu for the money.

Only trouble I had was getting omv installed and that was because I was installing on an NVME SSD. Aparently the OMV installer doesn't currently support this, so I had to install debian which does support installing to an nvme, but not without a workaround. The installer will initially fail to install grub.

Once debian was installed, installing omv3 was a breeze. Been running like a champ ever since.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!