owncloud installer script

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

If you use the alias installer, you don't specify a port because it is running on the same port that the OMV web interface runs on. I didn't test running the alias script with https enabled. That may be the problem as well.

https shouldn't cause any trouble (at least it doesn't for me). If you look at the config files you see that OMV uses the same config for both port 80 and 443 and since you're just getting redirected to a folder and not a VirtualHost SSL should work if you have configured it in OMV.

Here is another thing some of you might like. I was fiddleing around with the Unix User Backend App and got it working. Here is how:

Step 1. Download, Extract and copy the plugin to your /var/www/owncloud/apps folder.

Step 2. Make sure permissions are correct e.g. if you used the script without folder redirection it would be owncloud:owncloud.

Step 3. Copy the recompiled pwauth file (see attachment) to any folder on your system. (/usr/bin/local/ is a good place for example)

Step 4. Creat a new group pwauth and put whatever user owncloud is running at in its members. (Again, it's either ownlcoud or openmediavault)

Step 5. Change the ownership of the pwauth file to the group you've just created. (e.g. chown :pwauth /usr/bin/local/pwauth)

Step 6. Set permissions on the pwauth file to 750

Step 7. Now log into your owncloud and activate the app, and then go to the admin page and change the path of the pwauth executable to where you put yours.

Step 8. Become a Jedi and join the Dark Side.

The pwauth file that is already on the system can only be executed by the www-data user or to be more percise, by the uid that was defind in the config.h file. Which is why it had to be recompiled in order for us to work. I left the uid undefiend while recompiling so it can be executed by the group that owns it.
    The alternative would be to change all the web content to www-data. BUT, I tried that and it went horribly wrong.

• How can i synchronise the Home Folders in OMV an OwnCloud.

My Data Structure:

OMV - /media/UID*****/data/datapool/matthias
    OC - /media/UID*****/data/matthias/files

I want sync. bothways from the Home Folder in OMV <-> OC !

Can anyone help me?!

Thanks a lot
    Matthias

• Backup files from your /files folder and then do this.

Code
    rm -rf /media/UID*****/data/matthias/files (I'm assuming this is your owncloud/data folder)
    ln -s /media/UID*****/data/datapool/matthias /media/UID*****/data/matthias/files

That should do the trick. But it's possible that you get permission problems because owncloud sets the file permissions based on the apache user it is running with.

• I'm failing to see advance settings to make a share a data folder. Where is it located? under administrator?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's on the very first page where you enter a username and password right after installing.

• Good Morning,

I've been reading this and some other threads on the board, and please correct me if i'm wrong, but at the moment there is no possibility to get a SSL secured connection to ownCloud?!
    As I'm using OC also from the outside it would higly appreciate to be able to use SSL.

Best,
    Felix

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you use the alias installer, owncloud will use ssl if OMV is configured to use ssl. I will look into what it would take to have the port based installer use ssl.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey Aaron!

On my VM I'm trying OMV and now OwnCloud. As you know, I would prefer a plugin for easier management, but I checked your plug-in.

OwnCloud is not satisfied with OMV:

Code
    Setting locale to en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF8 failed. Support is probably not installed on your system.

Is this an OwnCloud or OMV-issure?

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must be owncloud because all the script really does is install the owncloud package. It doesn't change any locale stuff.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Dennis"

Thx, checking what I can do.

Try this

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

If you use the alias installer, owncloud will use ssl if OMV is configured to use ssl. I will look into what it would take to have the port based installer use ssl.

This would be great! And where can I find a tutorial or script for the alias installer?

Best

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will add to first post.

The link to the alias installer is in the first post as well or on page 7 of this thread.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "david31"

This script works with omv 0.5?

Yes.

• Installed OC with alias script to use SSL.
    Everything is fine except OMV https login, it doesn't work, i have the black OMV login page without the user/password box.
    The standard OMV http login works, and also the OC https works.
    Another curiosity, the owner of all OC directories is "openmediavault" user, not the famous "www-data", it's right?? It seems working fine, so i didn't change it.

;)

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "maxluc"

Everything is fine except OMV https login, it doesn't work, i have the black OMV login page without the user/password box.

Sounds like a cache issue. Did you clear the cache or try a different browser? Can you post your /etc/apache2/ports.conf?

Zitat von "maxluc"

Another curiosity, the owner of all OC directories is "openmediavault" user, not the famous "www-data", it's right?? It seems working fine, so i didn't change it.

Yes, that is correct. The script specifically changes the ownership to openmediavault. php files are executed as the openmediavault user and owncloud uses php.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Sounds like a cache issue. Did you clear the cache or try a different browser? Can you post your /etc/apache2/ports.conf?

NameVirtualHost *:80
    Listen 80
    <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    NameVirtualHost *:443
    Listen 443
    </IfModule>

Cache issue... :? I cleared cookies, everything is working now. ;)

• The scrips are 100% working, thanks!

Now.. Can anyone help me solve these two problems?

ocDownloader app: http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php?content=150227 (copy ocdownloader folder to /var/www/owncloud/apps)

ERROR: The application needs the PHP cURL extension to be loaded !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

External Storage app: Internal App

ERROR: Warning: "smbclient" is not installed. Mounting of CIFS/SMB shares is not possible. Please ask your system administrator to install it.

THANKS!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!