Motherboard advice needed (possible old e350)

• planing to create a small OMV nas with snapraid and one of the pooling options, with 3*8TB hdds
    i have an E350 itx board on the side from an old build i wondered if i should use it
    or take another cheap itx

• I am using a E350 as a kind of backup server and it is doing fine. It is running OMV 2. Using smb shares and rsync and remote share plugin. I am also having Plex media server on it but that is only there if my main server is crashing. I am having 2 x 8tb archives drives in it to store the backed up data. I am not running it 24/7 but only turning it on when I want to run a rsync backup of my main server.
    I am happy with it.

• SnapRAID will be fairly CPU intensive when syncing the array, and the first time it is run on a large array it can take a long time to complete. But I don't see that alone as a reason to not use a certain MB.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!